Concept Art for the Eternity Cache

Hidden throughout the world are Eternity Caches, special containers with the unique quality of being immune to the changes of time around them. By placing an item within an Eternity Cache along with certain rare materials, a player may return to the same cache hundreds - or even thousands - of years later to retrieve the resulting synthesis. This is no easy task - for the Eternity Caches often lie in places dark and forgotten, places exalted and under the watch of fierce guardians, or worse of all may have attracted the attention by foes eager to snatch the treasure you’ve locked away for themselves.

![](upload://sMNNJN5YC7sEsv0MNiZgf99rtvA.jpeg)

The Eternity Cache’s origins stem from prior to the Ancient Era.

6 Likes

For some reason, I was imagining the Eternity Cache as a rusty little box. This looks a bit cooler than though though, ehehehe~

1 Like

Hopefully! :stuck_out_tongue:

I suck with these concept art. Can’t quite piece how the 3D model would look like based on these.

Just happy to hear you guys are getting to that point. Very interested in the “foes eager to snatch the treasure you’ve locked away” part. If possible, I will be that foe :wink:

Have a lot of questions about the details of that aspect but I imagine its not worked out yet.

Cool concept art. I can picture a cask like the above objects; you touch it and each side slowly slides open, drop in your rare mats and a lowly bronze sword. Touch it again and each side slam suddenly shut. You back up and the chest/cask starts to emit a hum, glowing ominously a faint blood red. Hopefully when you return a hundred game years later the object is transformed into something amazing you can do battle with. Something that’s totally unique in the game…….to you alone…

Maybe use granite textures, andesite, rose granite, intricately carved symbols; maybe black basalt. Copying the mysterious 100 ton stone sarcophaguses found in Egypt today in the “Serapeum” crypt. The boxes/chests could be polished stone, slick, shiny, and showing great age……….just some thoughts…………inlaid with lapis lazuli, tourmaline, onyx, jet, etc, etc.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.