Chat Overlay

If using a controller, I wouldn’t say this is an issue, however, if using the mouse and keyboard, the chat overlay when “off” or “not in use” is clickable thus making movement stall out. If we can minimize the chat window or make it a non-clickable object, that would be nice considering pressing enter will bring it up.

Maybe make the overlay adjustable at some point but for the short term, maybe have a minimize option so it doesn’t take over a portion of the screen that becomes easy to click on when moving thus stopping movement.

I agree that it shouldn’t be a clickable object; My very first experience with LE was a little frustrating because i kept opening chat window on accident and then typing actions instead of attacking.

I’ve gotten a little more used to it now and it hasn’t been much of an issue this week

This is something we’re currently working on.

I can’t give an ETA at the moment as most of the changes still need to go through QA and be given the okay - but we hope to have multiple improvements for chat ready soon. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That is really good news
as it’s really annoying that a huge part of the left side of the screen is unresponsive for movement when hovering over the chat.

IMO when chat is in use there should be blocked char movement on chat rectangle. But out of that area if something is clicked or any skill is used, chat should be automatically hidden and not blocking any area, only incoming messages should be shown in background even without input entry. Similar issue is with rune/glyph tray - no possibility to hide when crafting window is open at least in certain narrow monitor resolutions(1650x1050 in example - purple bar is visible, but clicking on it do nothing).
That requires properly programed something called state machine. I can do it in python if it will help… :stuck_out_tongue:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.