Characters disappearing

I’m sorry for making a second topic but nobody replied to the first one. This is the second character that disappeared from my character list. It’s really annoying to invest so much time just to lose everything… twice. I’d love it if someone helped me get them back. If my characters will be back when 0.8 is applied I don’t mind waiting, but if not I’d appreciate some help with this. Also, the loot filter that was created on that character also disappeared. (well file is there but empty), and it keeps bugging when I’m trying to make a new one… Lootfilter window is stuck and can’t close it.

Thanks.

Hey, sorry you didn’t get a reply last time. When we get within a couple weeks of a patch, we get spread a little thin. We don’t have a good solution for you to recover the characters quickly. Likely what is happening is the game can’t properly read the save file and is hiding them so you don’t try to load a character that will fail to load. It’s possible that it is related to the loot filter setup if that is vanishing at the same time. There are several changes to character saving/loading and the loot filter back end that will come with 0.8.0. I’m not sure if they will fix this or not but that’s about the best option I have for you at the moment.

It’s okay, thanks for the reply. The loot filter thingy happened only after my characters were gone so I’m not sure that is related in my case. I really wish I could get my characters back even if it isn’t quick. But if I can’t, I’ll accept that. But how do I prevent this from happening in the future? I really don’t want this to happen with my new characters.

I don’t know the cause so I don’t have a way to prevent. You can manually backup your characters periodically to make sure it’s recent.

You saves are located here:
C:\Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Eleventh Hour Games\Last Epoch\Saves

Okay, thank you Mike.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.