Character lost after bluescreen

Today i received a windows bluescreen and after rebooting and relogging, my character was gone. (Can not see it in character overview)
I was running a Monolith at that time and it was a Primalist.

If you’re running 0.7.7f there should be a backup of the save file (though I’m not entirely sure where).

Sorry about this! We’re working on a full solution to this problem. In the meantime, as Llama8 mentioned, there is a temp file. Saves are located in a Saves subfolder at the place log files are stored, and there is an additional copy of each save.

Look for a file that’s corrupted (likely appears empty or made of 0’s when opened). Delete the corrupted file, then remove “_temp” from the name of the backup file.

Thank you for your reply. I got 4 files in this “Saves” folder.
“1CHARACTERSLOT_BETA_4” -> 18KB
“1CHARACTERSLOT_BETA_4_temp” -> 18KB
“Epoch_Local_Global_Data_Beta” -> 17KB
“Epoch_Local_Global_Data_Beta_temp” -> 17KB
Every file i opened shows empty spaces only. (all my other characters are still there, so i guess this is allright) I changed the file names anyway, but sadly nothing happened. Am i doing something wrong?

If both the temp file and normal file are the same, unfortunately there’s no way to recover the data. Apologies for that.

Damn that is what i was afraid of. Anyway, thank you for your efforts.
At least i have an excuse now, to level the lovely primalist again.
Keep going, you are the best!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.