Character Disappeared

I just finished the story and was about to do Monolith of Fate after following the quest. The monolith challenge was after 5 timelines conquered. The game froze in the loading screen and I can’t minimize the game or do anything so I restarted my computer. After logging back in, my character is no longer in the character selection. The loots I acquired from the character are still in the stash. The character name is “Grimtooth” on Hardcore. I believe the name should also show up in the HC Ladder on wave 30. Could you please help me find my character and make him available again? Thanks!

Have you tried looking in the following folder:

C:\Users[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Eleventh Hour Games\Last Epoch\Saves\

It’s a sub folder of where the log file is saved. A few patches ago they implemented a backup of the character files, hopefully it’s there.

I did. Sadly, it’s corrupted. Guess I would just have to create a new one

I’m not technical support, but I suspect you’re stuffed. :frowning:

Yea, I’m sorry this happened. We’re testing a completely revamped saving and loading system. The current one has some major issues with crashes and corrupting the save files. Until that comes out, if you are experiencing frequent crashes, you might want to consider making a manual backup.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.