Character Damage and Item Damage issue

So here I go enjoying this amazingly well put together pre-alpha, but for the life of me, I can’t manage to break the code for realizing just how much DAMAGE I am doing.

I see no stat in the character sheet implying direct damage, nor do I see any direct damage range on the items themselves (10-15 damage etc).

I am sure there is a really simple answer to this, but as an avid ARPG fan, I can definitely say that seeing the raw damage numbers on an item, and not only the “green stats” which indicate relative improvement, are some of the most basic and feel-good moments of picking up a new item, and I for one- would definitely love to see it be more clear in the game what damage each item does, and what total damage our character does!

Outstanding work so far, 11th hour! Keep up the good work guys and gals!

This is something the game isn’t great at doing at the moment. Sorry.

I do absolutely agree that seeing that a weapon’s estimated DPS is higher than what you have now is an awesome moment before you’ve looked at which affixes it has. Kind of like a Unique Item dropping, it’s one of those things that just makes a game feel really rewarding and exciting.

Thanks for the answer, Sarno, and hopefully, we do get to that point as we near an Alpha and Beta.

But just so I know, how DOES one know how much damage one deals? It seems the character sheet presents you with everything else you need to know BESIDES your DPS or an attack rating of some sort?

There should be some room for theorycrafting IMHO. It’s good to see the damage numbers on weapons and characters, and also good if these numbers are correct (no lying character screen) but translating to DPS is too much hand-holding. Spamming the screen with damage numbers in combat also kinda detracts from the immersion.

There is a toggle for those. :slight_smile:

• Press the Esc key to open the menu.
  • Click on the Settings entry in the menu.
  • Switch to the Gameplay tab if on Sound.
  • Set Damage Numbers to Off.

There isn’t a way at the moment to see your damage for skills, it’s a hard thing to calculate accurately. We did add a DPS calculation for the Basic Attack because it was simple to do, but the rest will not be as simple.

[quote quote=4771]

Thanks for the answer, Sarno, and hopefully, we do get to that point as we near an Alpha and Beta. But just so I know, how DOES one know how much damage one deals? It seems the character sheet presents you with everything else you need to know BESIDES your DPS or an attack rating of some sort?
There isn’t a way at the moment to see your damage for skills, it’s a hard thing to calculate accurately. We did add a DPS calculation for the Basic Attack because it was simple to do, but the rest will not be as simple.[/quote]

More so than the actual DPS of the character, I think what is really throwing me off is not seeing 200-1300 weapon damage, 500% Enhanced Damage. Progbably too many years of D2 and D3. With the green numbers showing +20% damage and the red ones showing -10 damage, it really is not a clear indication to me which weapons really are an upgrade over the others.

Again, just a mild criqtique… seeing that golden weapon drop and seeing the STATS on it is a huge part of that gratiying feeling of a good loot hunter in my opinion :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.