Changing glyphs of the guardian

I would like to see glyphs of the guardian have there 25% increased success rate nerfed down to 5% but now be stackable(say you had 70% chance you can now use 6 guardians to get 100%) in crafting. This way it will finally be possible to not only craft a t20 item but be able to refill it infinitely untill you also get good rolls.

Before you go and say that will make it to easy or to OP I want you to really think about how many guardians it would actually take for that. 100? 200? Yeah the farming alone on that would be alot but at least now we wouldn’t waste our time fracturing an item early. For lots of farming we could aim for a guarenteed result.

100-200 glyph is nothing once the bazaar comes into play. I don’t think we should have any mechanics that guarantee results.

Well that’s if glyphs are tradable

You would still have to farm gold.

Idk I sometimes feel like it would be nice to work towards something even if to make it perfect it took 12 hours to farm.

Not sure if you call it old school or narrow minded.

But I don’t like the idea that there are mechanics that guarantees the outcome of a loot based arpg. No matter how hard it might be to actually use the mechanic to guarantee the perfect item, it somehow diminishes the excitement and enjoyment for me. This is partly because a guaranteed mechanism also concretely bound the value of a perfect item - you calculate the cost of materials/effort to guarantee an outcome and you’re done.

When there is always that bit of RNG that affects whether you can land on the perfect item or not, people who value a rare perfect item may be prepared to pay a lot more for it and speculating about the worth of such an item is part of the fun for me.

I know not everyone agree with this, so I’ll just leave it as that.

1 Like

No i feel ya, im sure they have other ways there going to improve crafting. Other types of runes are coming. I just wanted to throw out what id like ATM ha

1 Like

I think there should never be a guaranteed way for “perfect” items. While i would say LE’s crafting system is pretty good, there are certainly things that might can be improved or tweaked. (but i guess that another discussion)

Having a guaranteed way of “reaching” a goal feels a lot more “grindy” for me, even though in reality with a rng factor involved it might even take longer than have the “guaranteed way”.

For me playing ARPG’s and generally loot based games is all about the journey, just playing for fun and you might get the unexpected. And then suddenly you get excited because you got something really powerful.

There will be alot of nerve racking angry moment where you clench your fist and curse at your monitor, but that’s part of the journey for me.

2 Likes

I don’t care if guardians will be stackable succes items because I can farm 24/7. Casuals will be shafted even more with this then they already are. I don’t think that’s a good idea but I could be wrong.

how do you farm 24/7? i need what you got 0.o

Insomnia? Nah you don’t want that ;). But I hope you get it that people who play 10h a week will be shafted against people who are ably to play 70+h a week. Yes it’s a PVE game who cares lalalala people care no matter what :D.

It wouldn’t really be that hard. You can pretty easily craft 2 T5 and a couple T2 without needing more than 1 scroll each. That is even without any existing rolls on the gear. If you are just stacking to top off the item, it would be way too cheap and everyone would be running around with maxed out affixes. Would take away from the game greatly as it destroys one of the end game objectives for people.

Not everyone wants to ladder. Some people have the goal of minmaxing their character and once done, they shelf the character.

5% not 25% means you would have to stack them alot more. Haha but yeah this just iant one of those golden ticket ideas. I relinquish all rights to the original post

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.