Captcha to get to forum

So there is a captcha now to get to this website. I have had this in my favorites for a long time and it just started a couple days ago. It does this on both browsers I use. I will not download the firefox add-on because it is just one more way for them to gather data on people. May as well be spyware.

Is there a reason this site is asking for a captcha now? If it is something the devs have put on, please get rid of it. As long as it is a thing, I will just stop coming here. It is a bit too tedious to have to do that captcha every time for the 10+ times a day I check these forums.

Cloudflare would be presenting a captcha for one of the two following reasons;

• The visitor’s IP address demonstrated previous suspicious activity online. […] If no suspicious activity is observed from the visitor’s IP address after a two-week period, Cloudflare stops challenging the IP address.
  • The visitor’s computer is infected and requires an antivirus scan.

https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/200170136-Why-do-I-see-a-captcha-or-challenge-page-Attention-Required-trying-to-visit-a-site-protected-by-Cloudflare-as-a-site-visitor-

1 Like

I use a VPN. Maybe the IP it was assigning me too had been burned. I switched and things loaded correctly.

Thank you.

Happy to be of assistance. :slight_smile:

Thanks for taking the time to post an update.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.