Cannot Login(start game) since last patch

I click on my character (any of them) and click “” and watch my mana fill up and … nothing changes … although sometimes chat populates with chatter… i am UNABLE to send any messages. IF i create a NEW character i choose and name them and am left with a black screen ( i have let it run for 20+ minutes with no change ) verified my steam files as well as well as cleaning my DNS cache with no change. Am on steam and running on Archlinux. was able to access the game prior to the latest patch.

… edited to show some logging snippets…
shows in the Player.log :
Connected to chat server
(Filename: ./Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

ping Failed to connect to the chat server!
(Filename: ./Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

Failed to create agent because it is not close enough to the NavMesh
(Filename: Line: 648)

if that helps at all…

1 Like

I’d like to bump this as I am also having this issue and am unable to play the game :frowning:

Here is my dxdiag info: Ildriss_DxDiag.zip (16.8 KB)

Happening on the Beta 0.7.10c as well. Tried creating new characters and tried all modes SC, solo, HC. only difference is the black screen with the new character way and this in the Player.log
Uploading Crash Report
Setting up 2 worker threads for Enlighten.
Thread -> id: 7f9337fff640 -> priority: 1
Thread -> id: 7f93377fe640 -> priority: 1

maybe i should put this in the bug reports?

its happening to me too… did you guys figure out how to fix this issue???

No haven’t figured out it yet. Send an email to support as well haven’t heard back and no reply on this message. Tried using the Standalone client as opposed to steam verified my files and steam but so far nothing stands out as being the cause of the problem.

Hi everyone! I’d like to apologize for the unacceptable response times in this forum section. It’s been difficult to dedicate the necessary resources here while maintaining everything else, but we will do better.

With that being said, the most helpful thing would be for anyone encountering this issue to upload the following things inside a .zip file (which will make it small enough to attach here):

The log file should tell us what part of the game stopped working. Your saves will allow us to try and have the problem happen on our own computers, and if that doesn’t work your system information can help us determine if this is a problem with hardware or software outside the game.

Thank you in advance to anyone who provides this information-- it helps us greatly.

Thanks hackaloken,
First off you folks have been doing great! and I apologize for those of us that have no patience. Thanks for your help and here are the files requested.

Player.log (24.3 KB) Player-prev.log (24.5 KB) Saves.zip (5.8 KB)

Thanks for the details. I’ve been able to reproduce this issue internally, and we will be working on a fix to include in our next content patch.

Unfortunately, the reason this has happened is because your Stash data became corrupted, and the game is failing to load it. We will add a failsafe to allow the game to continue if this happens, and will do our best to determine what is causing the save data loss. I’m very sorry about the loss of progress.

In the meantime, you can delete the 2 following files from your Saves folder, which will allow you to load a character:

Epoch_Local_Global_Data_Beta
Epoch_Local_Global_Data_Beta_temp

Again, my apologies for this issue and we will be investigating this further.

Thanks a bunch!!! and that did it straight away :grinning:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.