[Build] Shaman Hailstormer Build Guide [Beta 0.7.2b]

Game version

0.7.2b… current ver.

My video: (at level 78)

Main skill = Avalanche (3 k~10 k dmg / hit)

Hailstormer build guide (Beta 0.7.2b)
pros/cons

・pros
Powerful & easy handling
・cons
Often happens suddenly death because using dodge defense style.
Enemy’s some AoE skills can not dodge (?)
Substantially, Close combat.

Unique gear

(Option) MOURNING FROST boots
・+1 cold damage to attacks and spells per point of DEX
(Option) TOME OF ELEMENT relic
・2% Elemental damage leeched as Health

Synergy

Summon “thorn totem” increases 200 % spell damage while they are actived (about 16 sec) by ASCENDANT CIRCLE in Shaman passive.
Summon “Storm totem” increases 40 % spell damage while they are actived (about 8 sec) by ASCENDANT CIRCLE in Sharman passive.
Casting “Entangling root” gaines 100% increased all damage by this Specializations (see Active skill) (8 sec)
And Using Fury leap gains 105% increased all damage. (3 sec)
Summon “minion” gains 20 % increased all damage by Elemental bond in avalanche skill.

So, Avalanche can gain total 690 % increased damage (Spell + cold damage = 240 + 100 + 200 + 210 + 40) at full buff.

Of course, allways it can not gain full buff because buffs has time limit.
But allways it can gain stable about 500 % damage buff probably.

Non buff

Full buff (3 sec, after using fury leap)

Easy keep buff (8 sec, after casting STT, ER)

Item Craft
Wand

・Spell damage / Cold damage (Prefix)
・Suffix…Freeze chance / Stun Chance (Suffix)
※ I am trying to test Freeze system now.

Armors

・Dex and dodge are important for high survivability in this play style if you use MOURNING FROST boots.
・High Block chance shield is also useful for high survivability.

My stats and gears (at level 78)
stats

※These images are using the same to “Synergy”

Non buff

Full buff (3 sec, after using fury leap)

※Of course I know that I need to craft Necrotic / Poison protection to armors.
But I can not get good based items yet.

gears (In Preparation)
My passive tree (at Level 78)

Primalist

Shaman

Druid

Note:
Because i want to test FREEZE, so i used some points for it.
But if you want to more damage, please put points to other skills. (Or change item mod)

Active skills
For Buff/Debuff

1 Summon Storm Totem…for sub damage source and debuff.

2 Summon Thorn totem…for Buff

3 Fury leap…for Buff and moving

4 Entangling Roots (Druid)…for Sub damage source and Buff

offense skill

1 Avalanche

Thank you for your interest !

4 Likes

Very similar to what I’ve done with avalanche. I suggest trying out tornado, the movement speed bonus alone is great.

Thank you for your comment.

In fact, it was a difficult decision for me choose “Tornado” or “Entangling root”, but “ER” has better damage buff than “Tornado”, so I chose “ER”.

However, Moving Speed buff is precious really…

You can switch it with storm totem. Casting totems takes too much time and they are unreliable. A tornado will always follow you and the cast time is instant.

hhhmmmm looks interesting have to give it a try since i can’t seem to get “the fang” to drop for my beastmaster build

I’m sad to see this to be honest. I don’t want PoE 2.0 where skills clutter the whole screen and seem to be autocast but that’s just my oppinion. Seems to work well and pretty effective.

1 Like

I find this cool but i feel the char is a bit too much exposed to danger, the only thing that disturb me.

What ARPG doesn’t have this? Every ARPG since the very first Diablo series with its limited skill set has had this. Spammed skills, autocast, spells cluttering the screen is normal with ARPGS. So why is it sad for you? Seems your opinion is based on things that don’t revolve around an ARPG game.

2 Likes

First of all, nobody needs your approval to have an OPINION.
Second of all - what kind of dumb as hell logical fallacy this is? If there’s an ARPG which doesn’t have AOE spam then @Irrelevant’s opinion is “valid”? I can bet your last buck that there is one.

It does look garbage, it does look like it feels garbage and it completely ruins any aesthetics which the game has.

The logic is simple:
Auto-cast AOE spam is often the most efficient and fastest way to farm yet it’s the most unrewarding way to play a game.
If you cannot simulate the same level of efficiency as the snoreboys, you are doomed to feel guilty for gimping yourself and enjoy the game less.

And no, the “play your own game” argument doesn’t work. There’s a reason why out of 100 skills, every League PoE has 1 specific skill which has ~50% play ratio while others sit at below 1% - because it’s the fastest, strongest and most efficient skill; not because it’s more complex / fun or engaging than other skills.

You need to calm down. As you stated, he can have an opinion as well as I. Let him answer and not you. Now be off…:stuck_out_tongue:

To stop this derailing :). I don’t want to answer because it’s your oppinion and that’s okay even if it’s totaly wrong what you said but it’s okay because it’s your oppinion. So back to the build and away from discussing oppinions of oppinions pretty please? :wink:

1 Like

Well, the one most important Thing in every ARPG I found (after two decades of playing them): Don’t care about the characters of others or their Progress.
I looked at guides and min/maxed so Long, and since I don’t do that anymore I have so much more fun playing those games.

Best example is my newest shaman, played as lightning build. With avalanche having a charged boulder node I also took it, and with following Tornados and avalanches it’s a beast of a speedclearer (currently very squishy though).
However, I had the exact Problem with it that Macknum had: I didn’t like the playstyle, avalanche, roots, Tornados all clutter up the Screen SO much (Thread about it in Feedback btw, feel free to add opinions about that there), and I didn’t want a Close range caster, I wanted a “real” nature caster, at range. So I respecced Avalanche and Tornado to be targeted at range again. Yes it’s a tad slower as I have to stop and cast Tornados whenever I see enemies, but it’s just so much more fun (to me).
And the lightning of Tornados actually does decent damage, I had low hopes of making Tornado my main skill since the physical damage is just so bad, but the lightning strikes are massive, and with mana Efficiency it can be spammed so delightfully much :smiley:
Granted, avalanche does probably ten times as much damage without even having physical/cold damage stats, but oh well, Tornado is quick enough for trash, and avalanche makes a great boss killer.
What do I care if someone clears twice as fast, with…I dunno, a whirlwind Knight oder w/e? I don’t like melee chars generally, so good for them.
If you go for leaderboards, you pidgeonhole yourself into the most efficient, strongest builds, of which there always be ~1-3 and not more, it’s the nature of min/maxing, you just can’t Balance different characters and skills perfectly, something will remain the best.
(Did you know that in Rock Paper Scissors there is one single best strategy? Even this most Basic game has a single “best build”, though it is perfectly balanced on the Surface)

2 Likes

Everyone is entitled to play whatever they want, and I think Last Epoch is trying to encourage that with their diverse skill system. More skills and specializations will be made viable over time as balancing becomes a higher focus. Since we don’t have multiplayer yet all this is less of an issue. Sure some people push the leader boards already and that is super cool. Some builds and players will always be better. The purpose of the game is to have fun, and people can have that even with slower builds.

Anyways Avalanche is cool! :grinning:

2 Likes

Though I personally would like avalanche to be a bit cheaper, and do less damage accordingly (~30% or something?)
I like the General style, and would love to Keep it a channeling skill istead of single-cast + cooldown, but it’s so expensive to channel, and vastly Overkills most Things anyway.
The mana-reduce nodes are pretty weak as well (-1 mana/second for a skill that costs 39 mana/sec? Meh).
Also charged boulders Need a Special look :stuck_out_tongue:

I made a vastly overpowered Avalanche build and the skill needs some nerfs. I was hitting for about 7k and critting around 15k per boulder (while being lvl 51). I went for the cooldown where it follows me, so I can just run around while everything dies instantly. It has a crazy good interaction with Storm Totem and base spell damage in general :stuck_out_tongue:

ssf or great rolled gear from former runs? I’m always a bit sceptical when people throw arround 7-15k numbers in this level range. No offence intended just courious ;).

Okay rolled gear, but isn’t perfect. It is the flat damage nodes and base damage of the skill that are the problem :slight_smile: I can post a video. But I have reported this problem to the team.

Everything is fine :). I just see to much absurd numbers floating arround these days so I simply ask ^^. I’m just happy with my 70% resi 3k dps bear and those numbers result in raising eyebrows on my side :D.

No worries. I mean I’m often looking for exploits or broken ways of doing stuff, since I’m testing the game :slight_smile: I have seen other people report Avalanche as being broken too, that’s why I wanted to test it. But 3k dps is great!

physical crit, attunement avalanche is broken…