My Account
× My Account Media Forum Supporter Packs

[Build] Low Life Sacrifice Lich [WIP] 0.7.0h | Easy 200+ Arena | Endless Monolith

lich

Lich

Greetings and welcome to my Low Life Sacrifice Lich build.

This is a ranged build focusing mainly around the Acolytes Sacrifice skill and Summon Skeleton skill.

💀 Softcore

The SC version of the build will be highly focused around damage.

Build explained

The main reason for posting this guide is to introduce new players to Last Epoch. Hopefully this guide gets you going and enjoy the game! I am by no means an expert on the game and alot is personal preference. The guide is WIP and alot of the information provided here is subject to change.

The idea of the build is to spawn 4 skeletons at once using Summon Skeleton with Ossumancy 3/3 (you summon an additional skeleton with each cast per point). We quickly debuff tougher enemies with Mark for Death and right after we Sacrifice all of our skeletons using the Catalyst of Horror node (Sacrifice chains between your minions) for high AoE and single target damage. This while keeping Wandering Spirits of off CD.

The highest crit I’ve seen so far is 29k (AoE) per skeleton being Sacrificed. Pushing for level 100 and hoping for those sweet 35k+ crits!

Why low life?

Our EHP is made out of Ward. We use the unique body armour Exsanguinous to trade health for Ward and to make us immune to Bleed at low life. This gives us a steady ~3k Ward. Not having to worry about health gives us the opportunity to take all the powerful passives Lich has to offer. Passives such as: Crippling Insight, Dance with Death, Unclosing Wounds, Mind over Body and Blood Pact from the Acolyte skill tree.

Being at low health also procs the Sacrifice node => Great Sacrifice (140% increased damage if the sacrificed minion had more health than you before you sacrificed it).

What about mana?

Using Summon Skeleton and Sacrifice uses alot of mana. And some nodes are definitely required. At the Summon Skeleton specialization we take Unbound Necromancy 4/4 (80% mana efficiency) and Mind Catcher 3/3 (you gain 15 mana when your one of your skeletons dies). On top of that we use Wandering Spirits to gain 2 mana whenever a spirit expires.

Crafting +16% mana efficiency on your neckless and -3 spell mana cost on your wand is solid. Using the Isadora’s 3/3 set bonus also provides us with a 30% mana efficiency using necrotic abilties (Summon Skeleton is a necrotic ability). This is however optional. Currently I’m not using the set to get more intelligence on rare items. More of this at the “Gear & Crafting” section!

Passives

Acolyte:

Somewhat obvious picks here. I think Forbidden Knowledge is a must have in almost every Acolyte build. 8/8 because of the intelligence it provides. This build reaches over a 100 intelligence with intelligence being very strong right now. It provides 4% increased damage per intelligence on Sacrifice and alot of Ward retention. 1/10 Mania of Mortality opens up Unnatural Preservation which is quite strong compared to the other nodes. Ward is good, Ward retention is also good.

Besides that we pick Blood Aura 1/8 to open up Blood Pact 5/5. Blood pact is 60% increased damage. This applies to every type of damage. This passive drains 5% of your life per second which is good. We want to stay at low life even after using a potion for the “on potion use” effects.

Note that our unique body armour Exsanguinous also provides a 20% increased attack speed, cast speed, and movement speed if you have used a potion in the last 4 seconds. All very interesting!

Lich:

Will be updating this image again soon as I level up to level 100.

Skills & Specializations

- Q bind: Transplant

• Teleport skill
  • Costs health instead of mana
  • Scales with Intelligence
  • Deals physical damage.

Use Transplant to teleport around. You can teleport over ledges and trough walls. The abiltity has a low cooldown and is used doing fast Monolith runs. Sadly there is no specialization for this skill yet. Alternative skill to use instead of Transplant would be Rip Blood.

Transplant

- Q bind optional: - Rip Blood

• Debuff enemies using Rip Blood with -180 armour
  • 20% increased spell damage for 4 seconds

Alternative skill if you don’t want to use Transplant.

Use Rip Blood on top of Mark for Death to debuff enemies even further while giving yourself a 20% increased spell damage buff for 4 seconds after hitting an enemy with Rip Blood. Can be used to aggro/mob enemies with from a distance and to break crates with etc. The health you get in return should still keep us at low health.

- W bind: Mark for Death

• AoE debuff with a Bone Prison
  • Enemies take 55% increased damage for 8 seconds
  • Enemies have -30 armor & -105 necrotic protection
  • Enemies are chilled

I recently specced into Bone Prison (a Bone Prison is created at the affected area of your curse) after getting feedback on the guide. And I must say it is very effective. The Bone Prison is made out of 14 piles of bones that are targetable for your Sacrifice. Meaning every time you cast Mark for Death you get 14 extra minions (piles of bones) to blow up for a huge burst of damage. Can be used to one-shot Monolith bosses.

- E bind: Wandering Spirits

• Used to gain Ward and Mana
  • Scales with intelligence
  • Necrotic damage
  • Instant cast

Wandering Spirits is used to gain Ward and Mana. This should always be on cooldown. The way we’re using Wandering Spirits here is not for damage. We want to spawn as many spirits as possible so they can replenish our mana which is needed to recast Summon Skeleton and Sacrifice.

- R bind: Summon Skeleton

• Summons 4 skeletons with one cast
  • Scales with intelligence
  • You will always summon the skeleton type you have the fewest of
  • Skeletons have 180 base health
  • No cooldown

Summon Skeletons is our bread and butter skill together with Sacrifice. It’s an expensive skill to recast. Some particular nodes are required. Explained in the “Build explained” section.

There is a small delay on summoning 4 skeletons which bothered me at first. As I mentioned before I’m using the 1-2 seconds downtime mostly to cast Mark of Death in between. The flow of the builds feels really nice that way. Summon Skeleton can be used to snipe enemies from behind a wall or rock. Good for arena. It’s fast to cast and it stacks up enemies nicely because enemies tend to walk up to your skeletons. They draw aggro in a way I suppose when you’re out of reach. Making it the perfect scenario to blow up large packs.

You can also use Summone Skeleton to block enemy projectiles. Place your skeletons infront of the enemy and they will tank the projectiles fired. Your skeletons won’t die and you won’t take any damage.

- Right Mouse Button: Sacrifice

• Deals physical damage
  • Added damage applies at double effectiveness
  • Damage scaled with intelligence
  • No cooldown

Sacrifice is the main skill of the build. Typically you want to use Sacrifice on atleast 4 skeletons. Try not to cast Sacrifice with no skeletons up as it will drain your mana. Skeletons need die (be sacrificed) to get mana back.

Notice that I did not take Necrotic Audience to increase the area of effect. I played around with it and I think Sacrifice has a pretty decent AoE with just one point spend into Necrotic Audience. So I just went full damage. Putting 6/6 into Necrotic Audience is totally viable and improves the overal QoL of the build at the cost of some damage. Personal preference.

I also tested playing around with Blood Wraith (when you sacrifice a minion you have a 15% chance to assemble a Blood Wraith from the remains). Getting a Blood Wraith on the board would get us an extra minion to Sacrifice. After playing around with I came to the conclusion it just doesn’t proc that often. Just not worth.

Gear & Crafting

2019-05-23T19:02:00Z Posted the Gear & Crafting section. Will be posting alternative equipment options soon!

Stats listed are max rolls. Stat ranges might be incorrect due to patches and Wiki not being up to date.

Jewelled_Circlet
Helmet
Best Base: Jewelled Circlet
5 armour 35 added mana 25% increased spell damage

BiS Prefix:

• Added Intelligence (T5 - 10 Intelligence)
  • Added Armor + Added Chance to Receive a Glancing Blow When Hit (T5 - 50 armour + 17% Glancing Blow)

BiS Suffix:

• Added Necrotic Protection (T5 - 250 Necrotic Protection)
  • Added Poison Protection (T5 - 250 Poison Protection)

SilverAmulett
Amulet
Best base: Silver Amulet
11% Increased Critical Strike Chance

BiS Prefix:

• Increased Spell Damage (T5 - 60% increased spell damage)
  • Added Critical Strike Multiplier (T5 - 25% critical strike multiplier)

BiS Suffix:

• Mana Efficiency (T5 - 16% mana efficiency)
  • Added Void Protection (T5 - Void Protection 250)

ProphecyWand
Weapon
Best base: Prophecy Wand
250% Increased Base Spell Damage

BiS Prefix:

• Increased Spell Damage + Subtracted Spell Mana Cost (T5 45% + - 3 mana on spells)

BiS Suffix:

• Increased Mana Regeneration (T5 - 25% mana regeneration)
  • Added Mana (T5 - 35 added mana)

Example in-game weapon:

Wand

Body Armor

Unique body armour: Exsanguinous

SolarumShield
Offhand
Best base: Solarum Shield
40 Block Chance + 1600 Added Block Protection

BiS Prefix:

• Added Block Chance (T5 - 15% added block chance)
  • Added Block Protection (T5 - 600 added block protection)

BiS Suffix:

• Added Armor (T5 - 150 added armour)
  • Reduced Damage Taken on Block (T5 - 15% reduced damage taken)

Example in-game shield:

Shield%20example

Might skip wearing an offhand to make use of Wands of the Fallen to further max out the damage potential.

SapphireRing
Rings
Best base: Sapphire Ring
15 added mana

BiS Prefix:

• Added Intelligence (T5 - 10 intelligence)

BiS Suffix:

• Added Dodge Rating (T5 - added 100 dodge rating)
  • Added Stun Avoidance (T5 - added 250 stun avoidance)

IsadorasTombBinding
Belt
Optional Unique: Isadora’s Tomb Binding

Best base: Bronze Belt
100 armour 3 potion slots

BiS Prefix:

• Added Armor + Added Chance to Receive a Glancing Blow When Hit (T5 - 50 armour + 17% Glancing Blow)
  • Added Health + Chance to Receive a Glancing Blow when Hit

BiS Suffix:

• Added Elemental Protection (T5 - added 150 Elemental Protection)
  • Added Poison Protection (T5 - added 250 Poison Protection)

NobleGloves
Gloves
Best base: Noble Gloves
32 armour + 10% cast speed

BiS Prefix:

• Added Intelligence (T5 - added 10 intelligence)
  • Increased Cast Speed (T5 - 20% increased casst speed)

BiS Suffix:

• Added Dodge Rating (T5 - added 100 dodge rating)
  • Added Poison Protection (T5 - added 250 Poison Protection)

BrigandineBoots
Boots
Best base: Solarum Greaves
75 armour + 17% increased movement speed

BiS Prefix:

• Added Armor + Added Chance to Receive a Glancing Blow When Hit (T5 - 50 armour - 17% Glancing Blow)

BiS Suffix:

• Increased Movement Speed (T5 - 35% increased movement speed)
  • Added Stun Avoidance (T5 - 250 stun avoidance)

Relic
Best base: Radiant Crest
25% Increased Critical Strike Multiplier

BiS Prefix:

BiS Suffix:

• Added Mana (T5 - 35 added mana)
  • Added Necrotic Protection (T5 - 250 increased Necrotic Protection)
Character sheet

Coming soon!

Leveling guide

Coming soon!

☠️ Hardcore

The HC version of the build will be highly focused around survival.

Will be added at a later date! Leveling a HC character, might add a leveling guide also!

✋ Personal

Coming soon!

2019-05-21T20:50:00Z - Posted the guide (probably alot of typos I need to correct) [WIP]

a video would be great

looks real similar to the build i worked out - super fun, ain’t it? our trees look way different, i went into both lich and necromancer since there’s some great synergies in the early necro tree, specifically mark of punishment (no need to cast mark for death!) and putrid retribution. i also went for bone prison in the mark for death tree, and let me tell you it is SPECTACULAR, i cannot recommend it highly enough, please try it. your fps will tank every time, it’s awesome.

i went in a very different direction on nearly all the skill trees, i went all-in on the various wraith-spawning passives and it’s pretty great, i end up with tons of minions (especially after a bone prison) which, with the AoE increase i also took, blows up the entire damn screen. the explosions seem to overlap as well, so by increasing the AoE and number of minions i end up doing a serious mess of damage. no idea if it’s more than you do with your trees, i think it could be but that might just be ego

i hadn’t been thinking about how to exploit the low life aspect of exsanguinous, so i’m really glad i saw your build. the wandering spirits thing is real good too, i’d just been using hungering souls which was way less effective.

Thanks for your reply! Quickly posted a Monolith run. Will be making a better one for Arena soon :slight_smile:

unfortunately it seems like the video isnt working, even 4 hours later :frowning:

Should be working now!

Hey thanks for your reply and interesting insight! I despecialized Mark for Death and Bone Prison sure feels great! Does Bone Prison proc on Mark of Punishment dispite it being on cooldown? That would be crazy good. I would definitely respec if thats the case.

I despecialized Sacrifice a bunch of times and speccing into AoE sure feels good blowing up low-health monster packs without having to recast Summon Skeleton because you might’ve missed a few. At the same time not taking increased damage nodes could potentionally mean not killing off enemies with just one Sacrifice. That way you’d have to recast Summon Skeleton again. Basically I like to have higher Sacrifice numbers and just skip the few mobs that didn’t get caught in the blast. Personal preference.

Sacrifice doesn’t have a bad AoE with just one point into Necrotic Audience and a big part comes down to timing. Without the AoE you might have to drop your skeletons more closer and accurate into monster packs because of the small blast radius.

I didn’t like spending points into Wraiths, the ones you can get from Sacrfrice but I never tested it together with Putrid Retribution! Sure sounds interesting!

i made a quick, lazy video showing a round of arena play with my version. as you can see, i do usually have to cast multiple times for really beefy enemies, either that or use bone prison. and no, bone prison doesn’t proc on mark of punishment, unfortunately.

EDIT: also, it’s not just putrid retribution, you can also get free wraiths from wraith bringer, in the lich tree, and a single point of ethereal revenant in the acolyte tree will give you a constantly respawning guy. use all of 'em together and you’ve got a pretty much non-stop wraith party. again, not sure how useful all that is. i figure if you can manage to actually hit a mob with all those wraiths, plus the skeletons, you’re doing way more damage than you would if you took damage passives instead; but that relies on you actually hitting that mob with all those guys, and that’s not always easy, they like to wander

also, i forgot to mention but that video shows a relatively low level character (64) so it’s not totally representative, i’ll have a lot more ward by the time i’m done and i haven’t taken most of my damage nodes