Block is OP

I can’t WAIT! :smiley:

1 Like

You better get a lich together or this streak may break :stuck_out_tongue:

Blocks are useless against dots as well… Dodge you take 0 damage. Block even with 5000 protections you will take some. Block is superior due to you being healed and given ward for up to 100% of hits and given added flat armor and protection per block which can help against dots. Dodge would be way stronger if on primalist in the tree you gained 50 protections for every dodge in the last 4 seconds. Add that to all classes :slight_smile: make dodge mandatory lol

duh. I knew that already. but no other class besides sentinel is going to get the value of block as sentinel, and sentinel uses block+dodge anyways.

Sentinel= lots of Block - Dodge - a bit of Ward
Primalist= Meaningless block - Dodge - meaningless Ward
Akolythe= Meaningless block - Dodge - lots of Ward
Sorcerer= Meaningless block - Dodge - lots of Ward

So every class has almost the same potential to get to certain & of dodge and this is fine by me. Ward heavy classes have no protections and Ward stacking is more in line atm after the nerfs so fine by me as well. Only one class that is able to make block work in a way that isn’t lackluster isn’t fine by me. If wearing a shield negates the ability to dodge things would be more in line but having the possibility to:

Get the most protections passively, get the best benefits and most protections from blocking, beeing able to stack a little ward again and again without loosing to much protections because the wards is almost instantly gone again and having dodge like everyone else is just to much from my point of view. Game system vise it makes sence but it’s simply overtuned compared to the possibilitys of other classes and even with crap gear.

It’s either time to buff the defences of some masteries or to tune down the overall effectivness of block in one way or another.

Yes! I think block should be added as something you can build into on any mastery. ESPECIALLY a melee build(Druid/Spellblade) makes no sense they dont have blocked nodes in there passives trees. I Think block itself is in a good spot, but holy aura and the FG node to get 50 protections per block might be a little overtuned.

Spellblade should be able to reach 80% block
Druid Should be able to reach 80% block
All other masters should be able to get 60%+ So they can build into it, LEts say Harvest Reaper form build or Swipe Beastmaster they should be allowed to have it.

1 Like

Yeah, I think that would be fair to add some block chance nodes (probably low on the passive tree) to the melee masteries. I’d rather buff some masteries than nerf Sentinel’s block.

I’m curious though, do Sentinels use block? I never have because it works against the Rallying Block node, but I’m curious how much dodge you could get if you went with those affixes instead of protections and got all of your protections from passives.

I think Spellblade and Druid get the dualwield treatment in the future but still dualwield is useless if you don’t increase your total damage by 100-150%. Right now it’s simply kind of suicidal to not use a shield.

Then again the shield is pretty much centered arround one class, and everyone seems to stupid to use it :D, and I would be okay with it if other classes get their defences tweaked for another 20%-30% possible dmg reduce like the usage of a shield offers in the end. It’s easiely done for ward but it get’s harder on the Primalist.

I’m 101% sure that all vlasses will get duel weilding

I hope that’s not true but sadly I think every class is able to dualwield at the end of the day.

That’s like saying sentinel cant use staffs… No limits

Well, not exactly. One (dual-wielding) is a combat form. The other (a staff) is an actual weapon.

However, that aside, I’m not sure limiting dual wield should be any different then wielding a shield (anyone can do it) but some classes/masteries will have more affinity for one or the other to get bonuses but it doesn’t stop you from using one if you aren’t that class/mastery.

I’m pretty much unsure if dualwield will get extra nodes to be honest. There is no space for that in any class if they don’t get rid of some nodes or streamline the passive tree in any way. Worst case will be that DW attacks just rotate between main and offhand weapon while both weapons benefit from the bonuses we already get. It would be a bummer if DW will be that braindead but so far it looks like the only good way to make DW accessable for everyone.

You could have DW work like that with certain masteries having either mastery bonuses or passives that give benefits while dual wielding (be it increased damage, ailment chance, attack speed, etc).

I hope it isn’t that vanilla.

We haven’t seen rogue yet which could easily be the"primary class for dual wield.

The shamans base profile image dual wields axes. And correct me if I’m wrong but I seem to recall a couple of masteries being very light on high end nodes. And some skills as well.

All in all I hope it’s just not a lackluster afterthought.

I assume that @LizardIRL & @boardman21 are intellectually honest enough to apply the same arguments they use in this thread to ward & how 150k ward is OP & needs to be nerfed again?

Needless to say, I’m sure they are honest & agree that 150k ward is a teensy bit outside the bounds the devs likely set as acceptable? As I’ve said before, ward needs the original nerf refered & an additional term added to the ward decay formula that kicks in around 2-3k & significantly increases decay at the higher values with minimal impact on the lower values. Then give ward on hit it’s own “decay” value so that it’s harder to generate such high amounts in the first place, without crapping on “normal” builds.

I’ll be honest 150k ward is OP. But that build isnt OP. Yes achieving that high should not be possible but its also gone really fast and it is dependent on several things. If minions die (which they do granted that build had 0 minion dodge which makes a difference) then the ward generstion is gone. In a block build it doesnt reply on anything. You just sit there and take hits and hit with vengenace and makes it 2x as far. The necro build is good where its at just cap the number of minions you can hit with rip blood to 10 and revert the ward decay rate

As I said, until you come to a big hit or a dot, then you need to move.

Edit: Though I did say that here, not here…

I’m curious to see how far your other build would go once you’ve min-maxxed it properly, from the sounds of it we’re comparing a min-maxed build (this one) to a not-min-maxed build (your Necro).

Adding dodge to the necro and chosing a few more best in slot affixes I could see it doing 300 but not much higher unless minions get tougher through other means

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.