Blackness, all blackness, now (somewhat resolved)

Hello everyone, strange set of events, yeah. First, amazing game, I truly love this game.

I am playing from Ubuntu 18.04.2 in Steam, i7-4790 3.6ghz, radeon rx 470, 12gb ram

However, I woke up this morning, and went to go play in steam. It claimed it was no longer installed. Installed, logged in. After the character selection screen, once in game, I get some UI items but otherwise it is blackness. I can see my arrow moving around on the map, but no world textures at all. Menu works fine.

I reboot, go to steam, and its not there again! Go into steam directories, and the game directory was oddly missing. Fixed. Hit play. Same problem. Looks like there was a recent updateā€¦ I am guessing it is relevant, looking forward to being able to play again!

Downloading the non-steam release, just in caseā€¦

Edit: Just found someone having a similar issue in the past, will be trying their fix. I am exactly the same issue, however it did not kick in until most recent patch today. I was playing earlier yesterday. Will report back on trying ā€œmediumā€ master preset.

Edit: Medium master preset makes it run again.

Thank you
Jake

I went on to research this and it turns out that you only have to adjust Atmospheric Lighting (?) and apply it to get visuals again- at least on my 2014 iMacā€¦

2 Likes

Hey there,

I just wanted to drop in, apologize for the lack of communication about this, and confirm that we have been looking into this further. Unfortunately weā€™ve only been able to partially reproduce this internally, which makes it a more difficult issue to resolve than would otherwise be the case. Itā€™s possible that Patch 0.7.6 will address this issue, but unfortunately I am not able to confirm that yet. Thank you for all of the information youā€™ve provided - this is very helpful when we struggle to reproduce the issue ourselves.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.