Beta 0.7.9b Patch Notes

Beta 0.7.9b Patch Notes

Thank you for the amazing reception to Patch 0.7.9!

We’re releasing the first roud of changes and bug fixes in response to your feedback and bug reports, with more scheduled to be discussed during meetings both this week and next.

Table of Contents
 1. Monolith of Fate
 2. Uniques
 3. Enemies
 4. Skills
   4.1. Bone Curse
 5. Sound
 6. Bug Fixes

Monolith of Fate

• The third Quest Echo for the “The Black Sun” timeline now appears 2 echoes earlier on average.
  • The lightning dragons in Dragon’s Grotto now count as bosses, rather than minibosses. This means they now gain temporary damage resistance like other bosses.
  • Chill and slow chance mods now give enemies 40% less chill and slow chance than before.

Uniques

• Added new unique gloves, Mortality’s Grasp.

Enemies

• Adjusted the effective health of bosses to be weighted more towards health than resistances. This does not change the time it takes to kill them, but will make damage numbers larger.

Skills

Bone Curse

Characters with Bone Curse specialized will receive a free respec for its tree.

• Crippling Anguish can have 4 points allocated (from 3).
  • Signet of Agony now requires points in Crippling Anguish instead of Acute Infliction, and is no longer compatible with Illusion of Pain.
  • Added a new node behind Signet of Agony that increases Bone Curse damage, but makes it linger for a shorter duration if not reapplied.
  • A lot of nodes have moved around visually to accommodate this, but there are no other real changes to connections or requirements.

Sound

• Added footstep sounds for Assemble Abomination.
  • Added a new sound effect for Swipe’s Wild Calling node.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed a bug where characters that had Mark for Death specialized before it was removed were unable to specialize in a different skill using that slot.
  • Fixed projectiles colliding with invisible objects in the Oracle’s Abode, Titan’s Canyon, Yulia’s Haven, the Immortal Summit, the Gates of Solarum, the Frozen Roots, Canyon Stronghold, and Solarum Ascent.
  • Fixed some breakables being inaccessible in Ruined Shrine.
  • Fixed a bug where the gold costs to reroll Echo choices in the Monolith of Fate were much higher than intended.
  • Fixed a bug where Shard of the Shattered Lance and Fragments of the Shattered Lance would drop as unique items instead of set items.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented Dragonflame Edict from creating Dragonflame Novas.
  • Fixed a bug where Smite’s Descend node did not add a cooldown until your character was reloaded.
  • Fixed a bug where using instant cast skills after casting Smite (with the Descend node) would cause you to teleport.

Please note that Patch 0.7.9b is being released immediately Windows, and will be made available on Linux and macOS as soon as possible, in that order. We apologize for the delay experienced by some of members our community. Patch 0.7.9b is now available on every OS.

17 Likes

You guys do know that there’s traditionally an “a” before “b”, don’t you?

Edit: And first! Mwahahahahaha @Dobster

4 Likes

Nice hotfix.
That was fast.
Thanks.

Rudolph the Red Nose Mac User sitting over here not being invited to the Games.

Guess I’ll go find Ernie and head out to the Island of Misfit Toys.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Or install windows on that pc hardware & join the rest of us?

“Plan A is fucked up! What about Plan B?” - “It’s the same as Plan A…”

3 Likes

There was never an “a”-Patch, so lets see the initial patch release as 0.7.9a :wink:

I might have missed it… But I don’t see the shield throw bug listed here as fixed.

Did it get fixed or has that been pushed back?

That would be the projectiles fix:

1 Like

Sweet Baby Lagon, patch is downloading now. EHG rulez!

:joy:

1 Like

I’m still confused why there don’t appear to be any “a” patches…

And yes, it’s bothering me.

Ah yep, of course. Cheers!

Please read this:

NEw monolith (i don’t manage to link the entier post…)

Making 3rd quest appears a little earlier do not make it playable for most player.
Make fix for ridiculous boss in early game. I’m level 73, gain 0 xp with monolith 55 but can’t kill the boss…and 20 more monolith to die in 1 minute is just…ok i stop here i think you can understand.

Probably cause they don’t know what they’re doing anymore.

C’mon man. Seriously? They hit a bump in the road and it’s suddenly all doom and gloom?

2 Likes

Thx my Nekro is repair :heart_eyes:

Monolith of fate keeps crashing the game

You git! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I got the notification at work and did chuckle to myself :grin:

1 Like