Beta 0.7.9 Patch Notes
A Patch Overview video by Game Director Judd Cobler.
|Table of Contents|
|1. Monolith of Fate|
|2. Tier 6 and 7 Affixes|
|4. Item Sets|
|8. Controller Support|
|9. Game Balance|
|10. Skill Balance|
|15. User Interface|
|19. Bug Fixes|
|20. Known Issues|
Monolith of Fate
- The Monolith of Fate is now its own zone connected to the End of Time. It consists of several islands, with each containing a Timeline representing a reality that never was.
- Starting a Timeline gives you the choice between two Echoes, each with a layout, modifier to enemies, and a modifier to the rewards you receive.
- All Echoes in a given Timeline now have a fixed level, rather than scaling to your character’s level.
- As you conquer more Echoes in a row, you will have a chance to encounter Quest Echoes, and finally a boss for the Timeline.
- Defeating the boss of a Timeline will unlock the path to the next Timeline. Choices you make during a Timeline’s quests can impact which Timeline you unlock next.
- After a Timeline has been conquered you can choose between one of three random Blessings. Blessings are permanent increases to either your character’s stats or chance to find particular items, and they apply in all parts of the game.
- You can replace the Blessing granted from a Timeline by defeating its boss again.
- As you progress you will be able to empower Timelines you unlocked previously. This allows you to gain Blessings that grant even more power, but all Echoes are raised to level 100 and the modifiers applied to each Echo are larger.
- Added 24 new Echo layouts distributed amongst all Timelines.
- Added 21 new Quest Echoes.
Tier 6 and 7 Affixes
- Items can now drop with Tier 6 and Tier 7 affixes. These items have the Exalted rarity, which is color-coded purple. Exalted items are not available from the gambler or shop.
- Tier 6 and 7 affixes cannot be created through crafting. Crafting on Exalted items otherwise behaves the same as Magic and Rare items,
- Tier 5 affixes now start dropping on items at level 32, instead of at level 81. Tier 6 affixes start dropping at level 55, while Tier 7 affixes start dropping at level 90.
- The top range of most Tier 5 affixes have been reduced somewhat alongside them being made more common. Tier 6 and Tier 7 affixes can have much higher values than Tier 5 affixes.
- The stat ranges for Tier 7 affixes are much larger than the stat ranges for Tier 6 affixes.
- Added a new unique relic, Murama’s Hilt.
- Added a new unique relic, Melvern’s Writ.
- 17 new unique items have been added that are exclusive to various Quest Echoes in the Monolith of Fate.
- The 3-piece set bonus for the Pebbles set now grants +15 damage for Skeletons (from +10).
- New skill unlocked at 40 points into Necromancer passives. Includes a specialization tree.
- Assemble Abomination is a channeled skill that absorbs minions around the target. When channeling stops, a hulking Abomination is created, which decays over time.
- Abominations gain health equal to the max health of minions consumed and 30% increased damage for each minion consumed.
- The specialization tree for Assemble Abomination contains nodes that unlock additional abilities for your Abomination to use based on what minions you absorb.
- New skill unlocked at character level 8 for Acolytes. Replaces Mark for Death, and includes a specialization tree.
- Bone Curse applies a curse to all enemies in an area for 8 seconds. Hitting an afflicted enemy causes Bone Curse to hit them, dealing physical damage. The hit damage is tripled if you inflicted the hit yourself.
- 20% of your added spell damage applies to Bone Curse hits. Bone Curse hits cannot apply ailments (such as Ignite and Damned) from sources other than its specialization tree.
- New skill unlocked at 30 points into Necromancer passives. Includes a specialization tree.
- Applies a Dread Shade to a targeted minion. The affected minion and all minions around it deal 25% more damage (multiplicative with other modifiers), but the affected minion loses 3% of its maximum health per second for each second the Shade has been active.
- Dread Shade expires when the minion dies, or after 20 seconds. You may have up to 4 Shades active at once.
- Removed from the game.
Mark for Death
- Removed from the game.
- The base Mark for Death effect still exists in the game, and is available from sources such as Idols, passives, and specialization trees.
- Armour Clad grants 15 armour (from 10).
- Juggernaut grants 8 fire and void protection (from 5).
- Overwhelm grants 8% increased melee stun chance (from 5%).
- Relentless grants 20 stun avoidance (from 15).
- Rallying Block now grants 10 armor and elemental protections on block per point (from 5 per point), but the buff now has a maximum of 10 stacks.
- Increased overall scaling speed by 9%.
- Reduced the bonus to experience gained (based on current wave) by about 50%.
- Enemies deal more damage than before based on wave number. The increase is 22% at wave 100, 46% at wave 200, and 76% at wave 300.
- Enemies have more health than before based on wave number. The increase is 17% at wave 100, 34% at wave 200, and 56% at wave 300.
- Skills are now used in the direction your character is facing, rather than where your cursor is pointing.
- Targeting in combat now compensates to target the nearest enemy, as long as you’re facing in generally the right direction. The currently targeted enemy has an arrow over its head.
- Interactions outside of combat (i.e. talking to NPCs, opening the stash) also use this new targeting system.
- Fixed a bug where controllers did not have a way to command minions with default bindings. The default button for this is the Y button (Xbox), which used to open a town portal. The town portal can still be opened using the right d-pad button.
- The circle menu (accessed by pressing select) now has a shortcut for Crafting, rather than Friends. Also fixed a bug where the Character shortcut did not work.
- Updated the graphics for the circle menu.
- You can now rebind the left and right d-pad buttons to any action.
Damage Over Time
- Each stack of poison increases poison damage taken by 5% (from 7%).
- Ignite deals 9% more damage.
- Bleed deals 10% more damage.
- The Increased Minion Damage Over Time prefix grants up to 100% damage (from 120%) and can no longer roll on amulets.
- The Increased Damage Over Time prefix can no longer roll on gloves or belts.
- Adjusted the dodge formula so that dodge chance is slightly lower, especially at high levels. (5s in denominator changed to 6s).
- The dodge rating suffix now gives lower values of dodge rating from T2 onwards, with the T5 giving around 20% less dodge rating on average.
- The dodge rating on potion use prefix now gives up to 550 dodge rating (from 800).
- Characters now gain 6 maximum health per level (from 5).
- Added a new node, Fiery Abyss. Grants 25% ignite chance per point with a maximum of 4 points. Requires 2 points in Abyssal Infusion
- Added a new node, Lightbringer. Deals 20 fire spell damage to enemies and heals allies for 20 health on hit but no longer applies Abyssal Decay. Requires 3 points in Fiery Abyss.
- Abyssal Echoes can no longer pull enemies if you take the node that causes the skill to be recast automatically. This is stated on the tooltips of the relevant nodes.
- Acuity and Power Overload now also give Arcane Ascendance a 12 second maximum duration. This is to address edge case exploits.
Aura of Decay
- Icarian Poison now increases Aura of Decay’s application rate to 4 times the base rate at maximum. This is to resolve performance issues when the Decrepify node is also taken.
- Fixed a bug where Wave of Death dealt 100% more damage per second channelled (instead of 20%).
- Fixed a bug where Moratorium added 3 seconds to the duration per point (instead of 1 second).
- These bugs caused waves of death to deal 150% more damage over the full duration with the Mortal Pulse node and no points in Moratorium, or 683% more damage with max points in Moratorium.
- Increased Wave of Death base damage by 20%.
- Tachycardia now also grants +1% base crit chance for Wave of Death per point.
- Sanguine Wave can have 4 points allocated (from 3).
- Given the scale of the effective nerf that comes from the bug fixes, we’ll be paying close attention to see whether Death Seal needs more buffs to compensate.
- Base mana cost is now 50 (from 55).
- Added damage effectiveness is now 350% (from 300%).
- Added a new node, Deep Impact, which causes Earthquake to be undodgeable. Requires 2 points in Buffet.
- Seismic Tide now adds 50 mana cost (from 70).
- Shattered Resolve now increases stun duration by 40% per point (from 25%) but can have 3 points allocated (from 4).
- Added a new node that grants Forge Strike 30% more damage (multiplicative with other modifiers), but adds a 3 second cooldown.
- Anvil Blow now also grants 10 base physical damage, but requires 4 points in Strike Smash (from 2).
- Goliath Strike now affects hits against Rare and Boss enemies, rather than physically large ones.
- Hammers now travel much more quickly when they are returning to you.
- Searing Faith now adds 5 melee fire damage, rather than adding 10 base fire damage. This is a buff because Judgement has 300% added damage effectiveness.
- Searing Faith’s fire damage multiplier now affects all aspects of Judgement (including sub skills and ailments) rather than just affecting Consecrated Ground.
- Holy Fire now affects all aspects of Judgement (including sub skills and ailments) rather than just affecting Consecrated Ground.
- Rebuke (including its end attack) is now a spell, rather than a melee attack.
- Increased radius of the attack when you stop channeling by 17%.
- Fixed a bug where stats like “chance to ignite on hit” from sources outside of Smite’s tree did not apply to Smite.
- Fixed a bug where nodes on Smite’s tree that gave a chance to apply ailments would also apply the ailments to all enemies in an area around Smite’s target.
- Fissure now has a 0.5 second cooldown when cast by Smite. Fissure consumes 10 mana when it procs, rather than adding 10 to Smite’s mana cost.
- The Panacea node now grants 6% cleanse chance (from 5%).
- Clarified ability tooltip and node tooltips to say that Soul Feast can hit any Cursed targets, not just targets Marked for Death.
- Sharpened Influence adds 2 additional targets (from 1), but grants 8% mana efficiency (from 10%) and can have 3 points allocated (from 4).
- Crimson Bounty adds 4 additional targets (from 3), but can have 3 points allocated (from 4).
- Usurp grants 6 mana (from 5).
- Reduced base mana cost to 15 (from 20).
- Forest Raiser now increases the cooldown of Summon Vine by 150% (from 200% stated, 100% actual).
- Fixed a bug where their attack animations did not line up with when damage was dealt.
- Increased the speed of Piercing Thorn by 50%.
- Updated the visuals for Piercing Thorn.
- Added a new node, Serrated Scythes, which grants a 5% chance to bleed on hit per point. Has a maximum of 4 points.
- Added a new node, Spectre of Death, which grants a 5% chance to apply damned to nearby enemies on death. Has a maximum of 3 points.
- Added a new node, One Foot in the Grave, which grants you 8 ward gained per point for each Wraith summoned, but their health decays 8% faster per point. Has a maximum of 3 points.
- Delay the End now reduces the health decay of Wraiths by 8% per point (from 12% per point).
- Necrotic Hunger now grants 5% of necrotic damage leeched as health per point (from 10% per point) and can now have 3 points allocated (from 5).
- Grounded no longer disables Lightning Bolt if Northern Winds and Earth Spikes are already disabled.
- Storm’s Aid now creates a Storm Totem that benefits from your Storm Totem skill tree, and counts towards your Storm Totem limit. If you already have a Storm Totem when Storm’s Aid procs, the existing totem will be replaced.
- Fixed a bug where Flesh Marquis reduced cooldown recovery speed by 10% rather than increasing cooldown duration by 10% (this is a buff).
- Pale Blood restores 10 mana per point (from 10% of maximum mana) and increases cooldown duration by 10% per point (from increasing health cost by 10%).
- Scarlet Rain increases area of effect by 30% (from 20%).
- Black Mirror can have 2 points allocated (from 3).
- You now take 30% less damage while preparing to Riposte (from 40%).
- Bolster can have 5 points allocated (from 6).
- Zealot’s technique no longer affects how much damage you take while preparing to Riposte (there was previously a bug where it caused you to take 10% more damage while preparing to Riposte rather than 10% less damage, so this is actually a buff).
- Archmage Robes now grant 20% to 40% of mana spent gained as ward (from 3 to 9 adaptive spell damage), and grant 180 armour (from 170).
- Added the Celestial Robes base type, which has new art and stats identical to 0.7.8 Archmage Robes. Requires level 72.
- Added the Celestial Helmet base type, which has new art and grants 125 armour and 5% to 12% increased mana. Requires level 71.
- Diadems now also grant 15 to 35 mana, but only grant 55 armour (from 100).
- Added new art for the Wild Armour base type.
- Added the Shamanistic Garb base type, which grants 172 armour and 30% to 60% increased minion damage. Requires level 62.
- Added the Horned Cowl base type, which has new art and grants 124 armour and 2% to 4% of damage leeched as health on hit.
- Added new art for the Solarum Plate base type.
- Replaced the Solarum Helm with the Winged Helm, which has the same stats and new art.
- Added the Augury Plate base type, which grants 280 armour and 7% to 11% increased mana regen. Requires level 65.
- The Battered Helm, Crested Helm, Worn Plate and Iron Cuirass base types grant 5 more armor than before.
- The Solar Plate base type now grants 20 more armor than before.
Previously, it was possible to have a complete set for 2 of the 4 set affixes, but this always required taking up prefixes on the same 4 item slots. This reduced item diversity in the late game. Now, you can still complete 2 set affixes, but doing so doesn’t always require affixes on the same 4 item slots. This allows for more flexibility in what affixes you choose.
- Added a new “Set Armour and Void Protection” prefix that rolls on gloves, boots, amulets and relics.
- Added a new “Set Necrotic and Poison Protection” prefix that rolls on gloves, boots and rings.
- Set Health now also rolls on gloves and boots, but no longer rolls on rings.
- Set Dodge Rating now also rolls on gloves and boots, but no longer rolls on amulets or relics.
- Pre-existing items that would have incompatible set affixes (i.e. Set Health on a ring) will have these affixes converted to Increased Armour prefixes. This is to avoid characters having more than 4 of a given Set Affix which would be very unbalanced.
Generally, swords, axes, maces and sceptres have more melee damage than before, while spears and staves have less melee damage than before.
- Broadswords have 12 melee physical damage (from 11).
- Deicide Swords have 53 melee physical damage (from 50).
- Divine Sceptres have 55 melee physical damage (from 52).
- Moonstone Sceptres have 52 melee physical damage (from 45).
- Bladed Maces have 50 melee physical damage (from 40) and require level 50 (from 40).
- Flanged Mace have 60 melee physical damage (from 52) and require level 62 (from 57).
- Raider Axes have 49 melee physical damage (from 40) and require level 55 (from 45).
- Welryn Axes have 52 melee physical damage (from 47).
- Kraken Beaks have 90 melee physical damage (from 80).
- Steel Axes have 81 melee physical damage (from 74).
- Terror Maces have 104 melee physical damage (from 90) and require level 68 (from 65).
- Sovnyas have 88 melee physical damage (from 95).
- Ranseurs have 80 melee physical damage (from 82).
- Talon Spears grant 25% to 35% chance to gain haste on hit (from 3% to 6% movement speed).
- Oracle Staves have 75 melee physical damage (from 81).
- Zweihanders have 77 melee physical damage (from 76).
- Titan Blades have 90 melee physical damage (from 85).
- Increased the drop rates of class specific affixes.
- Increased Mana Regen shards now drop more often. The drop rate for this affix on equipment items is unchanged.
- Increased the values of stun avoidance affixes by about 60%.
- The Solarum Greaves base type now grants 90 armor (from 75) and has new 2D art.
- Arena Keys now sell for 6500 gold (up from 200).
- Doubled the gold dropped by Shrines of Wealth.
- The +1 to all attributes suffix can no longer roll on staves.
- Alt text descriptions now clarify that Bone Golem specific affixes apply to all types of Bone Golem.
Ambience / Environment
- Added reverb to all campaign and monolith zones. The amount of reverb varies based on the zone. This helps the overall cohesion of sounds in the game, and highlights how the environment changes from zone to zone.
- Added additional sounds to footsteps that represent armor moving.
- Added sounds for doors in the Temple of Eterra.
- Added a new sound for opening the doors sealed by runes in the Council Chambers and Maj’elka.
- Improved ambient sounds in Imperial Thetima and the Dreadnaught’s Deck.
- Improved ambient sounds in the End of Time and related zones.
- Added new vocal sounds for Minimus.
- Replaced sounds for Bristlemaw enemies.
- Replaced sounds for Frost Wyrm enemies.
- Added a new sound for the Skullen Pyromancer Flame Breath ability.
- Added a new emerge and death sound for Spymaster Zerrick.
- Updated the sound effects for Zombie enemies.
- Rip Blood now has a hit sound.
- Added a new sound for casting Transplant.
- Added new sounds for various Mage skills that use rune symbols.
- Added sounds for Fire Aura (including cold conversion).
- Added new sounds for Lightning Aegis.
- Added new sounds for Spark Charges.
- Added new sounds for Arcane Ascendance.
- Added new sounds for Black Hole and all of its variants.
- Added new sounds for Disintegrate (including variants from its tree).
- Added a new sound for Enchant Weapon’s Burst of Fire node.
- Added a new sound for Flame Reave.
- Fireball’s Flame Burst node now has a sound.
- Added new sounds for Flame Ward (including Cold variant).
- Improved Glacier’s sound effects.
- Added a new sound for the base version of Elemental Nova.
- Added a new sound for Ice Nova.
- Added new sounds for Lightning Blast’s cold conversion.
- Tweaked the sound for Lightning Nova.
- Added a new sound for Mana Strike.
- Meteor’s shrapnel now have sounds on hit.
- Reworked the sounds for Static.
- Added a new cast sound for Static Orb.
- Reworked the sounds for Mirror Images (Teleport).
- Added a new sound for Volcanic Orb’s Explosive Ground (including cold conversion).
- Added a new sound for Volcanic Orb’s Glyph of Fire (including cold conversion).
- Added a new sound for summoning Claw Totems.
- Added new sounds for Earthquake variants.
- Added a new sound for Fissures (Earthquake).
- Added a new sound for Thorn Trail (Ice Thorns).
- Added a new sound for Twisters (Maelstrom).
- Added new sounds for the Primal Serpent (Serpent Strike).
- Added a new sound for Poison Pools and Venom Nova (Summon Scorpion).
- Added a new sound for Piercing Thorn (Summon Vine).
- Added a new sound for Ice Bite (Summon Wolf).
- Added a new sound for Swipe’s lightning variant.
- Added a new sound for Earth Spikes and Tsunami (Tempest Strike).
- Added a new sound for Fire Tornado.
- Added a new sound for Vale Beam (Vale Spirits).
- Added a new sound for Werebear Form’s Frozen Form node.
- Added a new sound for when the Void Knight echoes an ability.
- Abyssal Echoes no longer plays a sound when it echoes off of enemies.
- Added a new sound for Abyssal Orb and Void Orb.
- Added a new sound for Energy Wave.
- Added a new sound for Forgebreath.
- Added a new sound for when Rebuke heals.
- Added a new sound for Retribution.
- Added new sounds for Void Beams (Shield Rush).
- Added a new launch sound and hit sound for Shield Throw.
- Added a new sound for Lava Burst (Shield Throw).
- Added new sounds for Sigils of Hope, including Divine Flare.
- Added new sounds for Smite.
- Added a new sound for Void Aegis.
- Added new sounds for Time Bubble and Time Wave (Volatile Reversal).
- Added a new sound for Void Rifts.
- Replaced sounds for Monolith Forge objectives.
- Added a new sound for respawning.
- Quests are now shown on the world map next to the waypoint for its next objective.
- Hovering over the Era tabs on the world map lists all active quests you have in that Era.
- Main quests and side quests are now shown separately in the Quest Journal.
- Side quests are now a different color in the Quest Tracker (right side of the screen).
- Improved the design of the quest marker arrow on the minimap.
- The wave fight on the Soul Warden’s Road is now activated by proximity, rather than clicking on the spear wall.