Beta 0.7.7 Patch Notes

Just WOW on in-game improvements. The game runs so smoother now and the new HUD is just perfect.

Thank you for the hard work guys!

1 Like

I work hard guys, very well! But unfortunately I expected the AVERAGE DAMAGE or DPS count on the skills and the toolbox. It’s all right! excellent job.

Yea, we know a lot of people were hoping for that to be in these notes. We’re still working on it.

1 Like

Amazing. Keep up the good work!

Waited so long for this patch! Now its here! Great job guys keep up all the great work you guys do! i’m so excited!

Okay. Played for a while, tried Primalist becase of new animations and well done devs. I actually really enjoyed new animations, there are few, which I didn’t like (like spear animation repeating over and over again) but overall, if this is where animations will be after update, I am pretty happy with that.

One thing I dislike…or better, felt weird is your new destructibles. It’s cool and everything, but does it really need explode in that fashion? :smiley: Planks and wood shrapnel are literally flying like 10 meters in every direction. Maybe if you would hit it with some powerful spell, it would be fine but I just smack it with my weapon and it’s flying everywhere. :thinking:

Last thing I noticed are weird graphics artifacts in underground areas. It looks like typical GFX artifacts, when GPU overheat but I turned off my overclocking, my temperature was under control (70 C) so I am not sure but it happens in certain areas much more often.

Overall, great patch, can’t wait for release.

EDIT: Just want to confirm performance boost here. Now I have stable 70-80 fps on 1440p when I was dropping even under 50 before.

1 Like

Amazing ! So what was the surprise thing in this patch ?

That was speculation by a member of the community; nothing more.

comes out at 0.7.8

Haha you know its going to be a good patch when the notes require a table of contents. Almost 27gb though and I can’t stay up, guess I’ll be trying it after work tomorrow.

That’s not 100% correct. The surprise thing is that Hypercharge is not in the Lighning Blast skilltree :wink:

Hehe! (Why do I keep getting the body is unclear error?)

congrats on making gambling completely useless as there is currently no way to reroll the implicit - the only reason to gamble was to get specific implicits. With no loot filter to only show desired bases with mods you have just made the end game a reading exercise.

all these changes are horrible.

2 Likes

It’s not useless, it’s just more expensive. Now you have to refresh the vendor (500 gold?) until you get the base you want, then buy it & hope that you a)get a decent implicit roll & b) get some useful affixes with c) decent tiers.

This game needs a gold sink & this is it.

Hah! Love that.

i would already spend 1m gold sometimes without getting a decent base with high implicit and some useful mods to craft off of.
It already had a huge money sink and these changes just add rng to rng , which is just frustrating design. Maybe it could of been implemented much further down the line when item filters were perfected so that you don’t have to go blind reading items , but at this stage of development it is completely limiting the ability to get gear semi-reliably.
99/100 times even with good base the rolls would be terrible , and the removal rng would always hit the mod i wanted to keep.
It makes me not want to even turn on the game just thinking about how terrible this change is.

1 Like

Nice changes. Especially the Character intros.

Regarding new Primalist animations.

Running animations look a bit weird tbh. Before he was like he floats but now hes like sprinting while moving at the same entity speed. Still not fitting but a slight improvement i guess.

Gambling:

Changes make sense ,in that regard, to highlight this NPCs as a true gold sink.

Shrines:

A good start to mix things up when playing. Its a start and should be treated as such. There is a lot more potential to build upon this. But you could start improving it a little by making it a bit more clearer what buffs you have and how long they last.

For announcing the effects:
A bigger fading pupup text or a special colored text-message in the dialogue box.

For keeping track of buff duration & effect:
This could be either bigger icons or placed in a spot you can easly see them. You could experiment and see what feels good.

Performance:

Game stutters in the tutorial Ancient Era when encountering monsters that leave volatile red spheres after death. Or in general monsters with perfomance heavy on-death effects (entity duplication,entity duplication+ ground effects)

Overlay map:

Implement QoL hotkey for zoom in and out.

Longterm goals (from now - 1 year after release): improve character models + animations drastically (or as good you can), clearer distinction in equipped gear, better tool tip DPS (there is no one actually so anything is better)

Maybe it’s the way they intend the game to be , think about the fact that there is gonna be trading later in the game , this will make it much more easy to find the loot you want. So i don’t think making loot harder to get is a bad idea. See it as a late game scaling, the équipement is gonna be the last thing to min max to get stronger and stronger

• this makes gold useful ( a currency that becomes pretty useless really quick in most games like this )

This patch is excellent. The new animations/graphics/visibility are awesome with maybe some exceptions :

_ A little drawback for me is the graphics of the TP (found /not found) on Eterra’s maps (that aren’t really clear)
_ The skill’s icons don’t match with the visual aspects of the new UI but maybe they have planned to rework them later.
_ Some shadowed zones lacks visibility (i have to put very bright to see something)
_ Shrines effects are not easy to see and follow while playing.

But very good job !

The implicit stat types are still shown just the range will be rolled on buy. It’s not that you buy a amulet and you don’t know if you will get increased cast speed or crit chance. The RNG layers stay the same. They are just shifted. It does not matter if the stats are rolled as soon as the vendor shop window is opened or when you buy it. The chances do not change. The only downside is that now you can’t choose to not buy an item because the implicit values are low rolls. You would have ignored that item and saved you money for an item with higher implicit stats. Now you have to buy it to get to know the exact values.

So overall the chances of getting high implicit values are the same. We just have to spend more money untill we get the high rolls. Or maybe we are lucky? :wink: