Beta 0.7.7 Patch Notes

i would already spend 1m gold sometimes without getting a decent base with high implicit and some useful mods to craft off of.
It already had a huge money sink and these changes just add rng to rng , which is just frustrating design. Maybe it could of been implemented much further down the line when item filters were perfected so that you don’t have to go blind reading items , but at this stage of development it is completely limiting the ability to get gear semi-reliably.
99/100 times even with good base the rolls would be terrible , and the removal rng would always hit the mod i wanted to keep.
It makes me not want to even turn on the game just thinking about how terrible this change is.

1 Like

Nice changes. Especially the Character intros.

Regarding new Primalist animations.

Running animations look a bit weird tbh. Before he was like he floats but now hes like sprinting while moving at the same entity speed. Still not fitting but a slight improvement i guess.

Gambling:

Changes make sense ,in that regard, to highlight this NPCs as a true gold sink.

Shrines:

A good start to mix things up when playing. Its a start and should be treated as such. There is a lot more potential to build upon this. But you could start improving it a little by making it a bit more clearer what buffs you have and how long they last.

For announcing the effects:
A bigger fading pupup text or a special colored text-message in the dialogue box.

For keeping track of buff duration & effect:
This could be either bigger icons or placed in a spot you can easly see them. You could experiment and see what feels good.

Performance:

Game stutters in the tutorial Ancient Era when encountering monsters that leave volatile red spheres after death. Or in general monsters with perfomance heavy on-death effects (entity duplication,entity duplication+ ground effects)

Overlay map:

Implement QoL hotkey for zoom in and out.

Longterm goals (from now - 1 year after release): improve character models + animations drastically (or as good you can), clearer distinction in equipped gear, better tool tip DPS (there is no one actually so anything is better)

Maybe it’s the way they intend the game to be , think about the fact that there is gonna be trading later in the game , this will make it much more easy to find the loot you want. So i don’t think making loot harder to get is a bad idea. See it as a late game scaling, the équipement is gonna be the last thing to min max to get stronger and stronger

• this makes gold useful ( a currency that becomes pretty useless really quick in most games like this )

This patch is excellent. The new animations/graphics/visibility are awesome with maybe some exceptions :

_ A little drawback for me is the graphics of the TP (found /not found) on Eterra’s maps (that aren’t really clear)
_ The skill’s icons don’t match with the visual aspects of the new UI but maybe they have planned to rework them later.
_ Some shadowed zones lacks visibility (i have to put very bright to see something)
_ Shrines effects are not easy to see and follow while playing.

But very good job !

The implicit stat types are still shown just the range will be rolled on buy. It’s not that you buy a amulet and you don’t know if you will get increased cast speed or crit chance. The RNG layers stay the same. They are just shifted. It does not matter if the stats are rolled as soon as the vendor shop window is opened or when you buy it. The chances do not change. The only downside is that now you can’t choose to not buy an item because the implicit values are low rolls. You would have ignored that item and saved you money for an item with higher implicit stats. Now you have to buy it to get to know the exact values.

So overall the chances of getting high implicit values are the same. We just have to spend more money untill we get the high rolls. Or maybe we are lucky? :wink:

I’d argue that there’s an additional layer of RNG, as you need to buy the item to see what roll it gets on it’s implicit, whereas before you could see before you buy.

Anyone else notice a big difference in mana usage? Couple of mycharacters are now almost unplayable the way they are currently specced

I had raised this over at the Rune of Removal thread; every single time the devs came to the choice as to whether to give the players more or less RNG, they have picked adding more layers of RNG every single time. No listening to feedback from us, no discussions as to what the proper level of RNG is, but just adding layers and layers of RNG every single chance they had. With this many layers of RNG, the devs must have this vision of making the game a bot’s paradise, where the whales farm with the standard broken build of the month for 400 hours every month, grinding through the incessant RNG to get decent items to add to the fake economy. If we wanted to dependent on multiplayer economies just to gear ourselves properly, we’d play a MMO where we’d at least get the cool raid encounters.

Knowing the implicit rolls was the only good thing about the gambler. Now it’s just as useless as a more impatient type of the regular merchant, where every part of the item is dependent on lever rolls instead of giving us the option to “roll the dice” on an item with good implicit rolls to see if we can make something out of it. I really want to know who is behind making these RNG choices for us. Who out there is saying, “you’re giving the players too much control, gate it behind another layer of RNG?”

A few things as well. Nerfed entamgling roots. Added in new mobs. There was a few surprises. Also my speculation was lead on by devs shootimg dowm incorrect answers lol
Also I think they realized whatever they were secre2tely working on wasn’t going to make it into the patch the thread was closed.

Fixed that for you.

3 Likes

Yeah, the devs need to have a firm grip on what they want their game to look like (in terms of mechanics as well as graphics & gameplay) otherwise if they keep on changing based on the whims of whichever forum warrior (myself included) shouts the loudest it’ll just become a muddled mess.

That said, devs can be wrong. To quote Vir from Babylon 5 - “Well, actually, I believe there are currents in the Universe. Eddies and tides that pull us one way or the other. Some we have to fight, some we have to embrace. Unfortunately, the currents that we have to fight look exactly like the currents we have to embrace. The currents that we think are the one that’s gonna make us stronger, they are the ones that are going to destroy us. And the ones that we think are going to destroy us, they are the ones that are going to make us stronger. Now, the other current–”

1 Like

Ah… Babylon 5. Awesome series!:innocent:

I’ve tested the increased Void damage on Devouring Orb cast recently idol & that works. :slight_smile: So they stealth fixed it…

1 Like

Can we know what is the linux issue with this patch?

Since releasing Patch 0.7.6c we have updated to version 2019.3 of Unity.

Currently, our Linux builds are failing due to an issue with the sound system we use, FMOD. The specific error can be found in the first post of this thread on the FMOD forum. We have been in touch with FMOD regarding the issue, and we currently expect their next update to include a fix for this - we have also been provided an ETA of “early April.”

We had explored other options - however we strongly believe in our customers having the best possible version of Last Epoch, and this does mean that we would not be not comfortable releasing a frankenstein “0.7.7” for Linux built using a different game engine version, as this would not have been subject to sufficient QA prior to release.

We are closely monitoring the situation, and as soon as a new version of FMOD is released we will begin QAing it with the aim of releasing an update for Linux players as quickly as possible.

4 Likes

Thanks for the info, looks like FMOD should fix this soon, cheers

Any estimates on when the update will be available for linux ?

Unfortunately there haven’t been any updates since the posts immediately above yours.

We’ll reach out to FMOD again soon if necessary.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.