Beta 0.7.6 Patch Notes

Thanks for this awesome huge patch! A suggestion for the patch notes, could you please group them by class? It’s a bit confusing and difficult scrolling through looking for all the changes that apply to a particular class. Thanks!

HUA! Thanks for this massive update. Can you sort changes for a class?

This patch seemed promising so I went ahead and reinstalled the game. I don’t know if it was the ambient occlusion optimization or what but for the first time since early alpha its actually playable for me, at least so far in Chapter 1/2. Maybe I will finally be able to get past Chapter 3 lol. Also the start of the game is much better now imo, great change.

1 Like

Well. time to delete and restart yet once again. Sweeping changes like this are more of a bane than a boon. It takes time to realize all these changes and I’d rather just say “screw it!” and restart from scratch than to try and respec/regear all my toons and learn what really changed in the middle of high level fights. Smaller changes are better so we can acclimate to them a little at a time. This is way too much! Still waiting for the last toon release though. (ranger/rogue/DW)

Edit: 2 Hours later and the install is finally completed. Forget this headache! Uninstall and wait for full release. I can install a new OS faster than this! At least then I can justify the extreme resource drain on my system and my network. Later.

this is big one…

This is looking good, downloading now and looking forward to trying out some new builds.

Keep up the good work, the potential of this game is huge.

Thanks for the changes to crafting. Much faster to shatter items now

Edit: When I craft, why do I have to choose support item after each craft? Would be easier to just click like before.

This is awesome, keep up the good work my dudes

Just had some time to try the patch and the biggest change for me is the performance increase. I’m getting on average 20fps higher than before and all the stuttering has gone.

Also the game visuals are are way better/smoother than before. I love the look of the game now, thank you so much for the fix, whatever you did has improved the game so much for me.

It seems that the patch really improved playing the game in 4K resolution as my mate that plays at a lower res cannot see the improvements that I see. I wonder if something wasn’t rendering correctly at 4K in the old patch?

1 Like

I’m sorry to see you go-- for what it’s worth, the update process is generally much faster on Steam, and we’re working on improving the standalone. You can redeem Steam access here.

Warebear cooldown no longer starts until shifting out of the form. I don’t see this mentioned anywhere in the patch notes – was this a stealth nerf or is it a bug?

The way Transform cooldowns worked in 0.7.5 was actually a bug, but I see the fix for this wasn’t included in the patch notes. I’ve added it now, sorry about that!

The intent is to avoid players being overly vulnerable after returning to Human Form due to their abilities being on cooldown. But if you can just transform back immediately it makes the act of returning to Human Form basically meaningless.

1 Like

I know that this has been discussed in the discord but the current level of cooldown on the abilities essentially makes anything but perma-form a moot point, and I see a lot of discussion that the bear form is garbage now (the actual veracity of that argument aside). The cooldowns for druid forms needs to be looked at, as it’s turning many people off of using the forms at all.

From my perspective, the main draw of using formshifting skills is to be in the form, NOT Human Form. For me, being in Human Form is completely meaningless because that’s not what I want to play. My endgame idea for such a build would be using all of the forms (Bear, Spriggan, Sarno’s teased 3rd form), and swapping between them at leisure to make use of the “recently transformed” passive nodes. At the current state, it is quite literally impossible. 20 second cooldown shared between all forms feels terrible.

2 Likes

Game looks and feels much, much better. I just hope they will address hp/ward balance, low skill dmg/utility and worst of all one shot mechanics. Why can’t we have chars with more base hp/ward so we don’t get 1-shot but instead have enough base hp/ward to allow us to get hit few times so we at least have a chance to react?

Weird comment lol , have you learned about the mechanics of the game ? armor and protection , bloc , glancing blow … and why post on the old patch , that is a 2 month old topic…

Oh, it’s not 0.7.7 topic? My bad. lol I don’t know how I missed it. Got lvl 75 Forge Guard Tank with 51%block, 100% Glancing/Crit avoidance 81% Armor and I don’t know how much protection, plus 10+ flat dmg reduction and ~500 hp. Got 1 shot by blue mob at ~20 something monolith.