Aura of Decay SpeedRunning Necromancer 7.10

Just tried it ingame … i get 80% if i add a point.
Maybe you can double check.

Edit: Can someone confirme that Formosus drops the boots?
6 Formosus kills 6 amuletts …

Its like 14% chance but its the correct boss

80% per point is what I get, plus it makes sense if you look at it right. 10x4%x2 since the lich node seems to count minion leech as well as your leech. It seems to count each instance of any kind of leech. For example reach of the grave wand gives 200% damage.

400% it is :slight_smile: still a awesome amount to get for just 5 passives points :slight_smile:

yeah the boots dropped for me 2 days ago from Formosus. after a loooooot of farming. i was unlucky with the drop chance i guess but hey i do have a ton of amulets :smiley:

Lol … I hadn’t thought about it, I’ve killed that unfortunate 17 times… making all the maps until I get to it is bad.

Lovely, so much fun again after the sacrifice build got a bit nerfed.
A question regarding mana nodes you go for.

1. Rip Blood’s “Mana Feast” costs 5 points to max and to get there. Put in Arcane Absorbtion & Run dry for hit damage
  2. Transplant’s “Pale Blood”, 3 points. Extends Transplant CD. 3/3 Last laugh–>60% incr. Minion damage

The question is: "Why invest in mana gain nodes at all? The only mana consuming spell is Bone curse…only at lvl 60 now but I can spam that with 14% CDR. What did I miss?

Nothing. But why is 60% minion damage any better? You have no minions

I agree that minion damage seems pointless, but pale blood increases the cooldown significantly. Maybe drop pale blood and sadism and then either get bone armor plus apostasy if you want more defense, or finish maxing scarlet rain and violent emergence.

Sorry, really new… Where is Formosus located? I can’t find a direct answer, it looks like it could be Monolith, and chat was saying it’s in Wengari fortress… thanks

In Monolith he is in Blood, Frost, and Death lvl 75 end boss

Cant recall on the campaign.

lots of info on Tunks website https://lastepoch.tunklab.com/

Edit: Welcome to the forum… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Formosus is a monolith boss, he has nothing to do with the campaign.

1 Like

This is a fun / relaxing to play build,
but beware you really do need alot of HP for this or the self poison will kill you.
I haven’t tested, but i guess poison resistance will help mitigate some self inflicted damage if you do not have alot of base HP.

If your base HP isn’t that high (sub 3k HP), it’s still viable but in that case i really suggest toggling on and off the aura of decay.

1 Like

I’m slowly creeping my health up but still at around 2400ish. I’m not sure about the self poison, I don’t think that’s what’s killing me. I am however still getting hit by random stuff that ends up killing me, sometimes even stupid things like a minion bolt (physical damage). I’m assuming it’s crit-ing me to get the kill but I’m not sure. I’m going to have to take a careful look at the gear to figure out where to get another 1000 health, that seems impossible at the moment. I’ve put all my (limited I guess) resources into health and still lagging pretty far behind. I’m wondering if I should invest in CSA instead?

Make sure you have health idols on. Make sure to take the 24% free increased health at top of necro passive tree. Get lots of hybrid/flat health on gear. around 4k health you should have over 1200 ward generation/s thats when its real tankiness kicks in. as you near 5k-6k health if you really max out you near the 1900 ward gen/s which makes you absolutely a tank. Then its just a matter of running around never being hit. Taking the bone armor inside transplant can help as its gives DR. Stacking health/dodge is more important than resistance in this build. Movespeed shouldnt be underestimated either as it can be the difference between getting hit and not is most cases.

I like the build but I don not like that you have to spend most points in a tree other then tree where AoD is in. I hope AoD builds will become viable when mostly using the Lich tree :crossed_fingers:t2:

You can play this build as a lich as well.

Thx Boardman - I took a longer look at the gear and I can see it’s just going to take some patience to get Tier 5 Health stats. I’ve got a few Tier 4 and 5 but a lot more Tier 2’s due to fractures. Need to get the boots as well, but I think mostly need to craft the items.

Kind of off topic and likely covered many other places, but this is where the game’s loot system shows a big weakness. “Rare” drops and gambles are actually less valuable because there’s essentially no chance you will get the 4 affixes you want, whereas getting a white or blue drop allows you to control that aspect. Maybe you roll a perfect “core” stat but then you have to take a penalty for cleansing the affixes. I love that the crafting allows for creation of the exact affixes you want, but it also kind of skews the pleasure of drops/gambles. Honestly I have no idea how to get around this.

Boots are the easyest part of this build to get, just need to kill 1 boss a bunch of times in monolyth.
(though a perfect roll one will probably take a whole bunch of kills).

For the other gear pieces: loot filter should help with that.
You won’t find a perfect 4 T5 rolled item, but you might find a perfect 2 roll item etc.

though i prefer craft RNG over … IDOL RNG which can only lucky drop

@boardman21 First of all, thank you for all the builds you make for the community! I’m new to the game (started yesterday, but PoE for 7 years), but I already realize how big of a contributor you are!

One question, and something I would LOVE to see in your videos, is WHY you decide to choose the combinations you do. Especially why you chose to use a skill over another. To save time, this information could go into the section where you say how many points are allocated where (I can pause video to figure that out).

I’m just now leveling this, but I’m wondering things like “why rip blood vs drain life” or within rip blood “why mana feast vs septic blood.”

Would LOVE to get your input on things like this and I think it would really help others when they are trying to design their own builds.

Leveling guides would be nice too :wink: