Assemble Abomination Bugs

Hallo, just a few bugs to report about this large lad.

1. The “Devour” node that makes the skill not channeled, but only should consume 5 minions, actually consumes all nearby minions one by one as if it was being channeled. This means if you have 12 minions nearby, you’re just stuck until it eats all of them one at a time. [Also, not a bug, but I think this node should make the summoning and minion consumption instant for the tradeoff of lowering the abomination’s total power given it’s limited to five minions]

2. The nodes that benefit from sacrificing different types of minions do not count different types of Golems and Wraiths. For example, a skellie mage and pyromancer count as different types, but a Bone Golem and a Pyre Golem or a Wraith and a Flame Wraith do not.

3. Abomination attack speed animations are very buggy. They end prematurely when you get a lot of attack speed, and also the time that the hit and damage occurs does not match with the swing animation.

4. Abomination’s base mechanic “30% increased damage per minion consumed” does not work. There is no noticeable damage difference between consuming 1 minion and consuming 10. [Thanks to Jericho for finding this]

That’s about it. Thanks for all your hard work!

3 Likes

To add to you post, another bug I’ve noticed is that the abomination does not actually receive extra damage per minion consumed. When testing, I noticed no noticeable difference in damage when I summoned my abomination with 0 minions consumed vs 40 minions.

I really like the idea of this skill, just trying to get these issues noticed ha.

1 Like

Just tested this on my end, it does seem this base functionality doesn’t work, adding it to the main post. Thanks!

1 Like

Good catch.

Few comments,

1. If Devour only give the possibilty to absorb 5 minions, for +50 mana cost and the skill points invested, it really not worth it. You would do better to pick two or 3 points in the “Increased minion consumption speed” Node.

It has to consume More minions than 5 I think, or cost not +50 mana.

1. Yes I noticed that problem of animation too. Does it can reduce the real attack speed, or it’s only a visual problem? I don’t know.

2. Good catch here too! :slight_smile:

Personally I think the huge mana cost and limit of 5 minions is fine as long as it’s instant which it’s not. That’s the main problem.

Also, the attack speed issue is only an animation/visual one. The damage still goes through even though the animation does not complete properly.

1 Like

Thanks for compiling this list. I’ve just done a bug fix pass through this list here and they will be available in the next hotfix.

The one thing to mention is that the Devour node’s channeling functionality is functioning as intended. Channeling is when you are holding the button and unable to cast other (non-instant) spells. It will still summon over a duration but you don’t need to hold the button down so you can set it and forget it while casting other spells. It is especially useful in builds that have moderate amounts of minions to begin with.

We will be taking a closer look at the balancing of the tree as a whole and the added mana cost for this node in particular. We have decided to prioritize bug fixes for the early days post-patch.

3 Likes

Sounds good! I do think, in future balance passes over the tree, if it’s still going to take time to summon the Abomination with Devour, there should not be the massive additional mana cost. I am looking forward to playing the skill with the upcoming fixes, regardless!

2 Likes

I’m glad it’s an exciting skill, we will be keeping an eye on the whole skill and that node in particular.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.