Architect Laith Fight and quest feedback

Is it an intentional choice that the Architect Laith zone resets upon death in the fight? Forcing you to start the fight over from scratch?

This is very inconsistent and frustrating compared to the rest of the game. I’ve been playing most of the game a bit under-geared and underpowered since death was not a roadblock. Dying once or twice on a fight is not the end of the world. Except once you hit Laith you are not unable to die. This puts a large, and completely unexpected roadblock in story progression, and again, is completely inconsistent with the rest of the game leading up to this point.

My second feedback is related to the new quests in the island area. There is one to collect Crab Meat/eggs, and another to kill monsters. To me, these feel like MMO busy work, instead of a quick, but compelling ARPG quest… I was unable to gather all the eggs in the zone while working through the storyline in the zone, nor did I kill all of the monsters required. I feel like I had to go back and backtrack to complete both quests. I eventually skipped the egg quest completely since I did not feel like it was even worth my time doing. They feel inconsistent with many of the other quests in the game, and somewhat feel like they are quests for the sake of having quests, as opposed to enriching the experience.

Up until this point, I have felt the quests and boss fights have been good, but the recent boss fight and quests feel inconsistent with the rest of the game. I skipped the quests and got so frustrated with Laith that I simply stopped playing for the night, and I am likely going to take a break until a future patch.

3 Likes

I’m hard severe difficulty with my character always dying fighting Architect Liath and it feels like I’m stuck in an endless loop of failure. I have lightning protection at 383 and I die before I can heal.

1 Like

Laith does feel a bit mechanically overtuned…

For me it’s the exact opposite. The boss fights are challenging and the quests require you to not just run after a quest marker to rush to the next.

Maybe the bossfights in Chapter 8 need some tuning. But I like the new approach.

Till this point the bossfights were just boring. Hope the other bosses get interesting mechanics, too.

Agree game so far up until this fight flowed perfectly and was enjoying all aspects she is most effeminately overturned to progression so far and the die/reset adds to it , remove it GGG dont even use this in there boss fights and yup I would also lose the MMO boar butt collections quests. Rerolled util ahem BUG is fixed

I’ve beaten her with 1 character so far and she is by far the most difficult compared to other bosses.

The boss reset was unexpected but isn’t really a problem for me. For me it’s that it feels like a very heavy bullet-hell fight with constant projectiles and monsters spawning (including magic and rare monsters) which I feel needs to be toned down and maybe remove random monsters from spawning.

Laith is overpowered. I had difficulties with 2-3 Bosses, but I think Laith will end my fun with this game, which is sad, because I had a lot of it.

I feel the reset is a bit much… I’ve got a warpath melee sentinel and the mines just kill me outright with 381 lighting resist… if i was ranged maybe not too hard, but melee is already hard mode for this game. Tone it down.

Architect fight is tedious, annoying and feels like someone just wanted to introduce a really boring roadblock to a smooth-flowing game progress that - by the point you arrive here - is already radically slowing down. Just having architect reappear at respawn with full health would be more than challenging enough without having to fight your way through boring trash just to get another shot.

1 Like

Just wait until the boss after. I think Lagon is worse. This might be somewhat intentional in that they’re the last 2 back to back bosses in the game right now and they want you to push through something hard before going on to monolith (which has its own special encounters in the quest echoes, about 1 every 6 levels.).

Remember your builds are pretty fungible at this point. You should have enough gold to respec passives and leveling a skill to 9-10 shouldn’t take that long if you need to modify skill specializations. The game is fun enough that I don’t want people quitting, but it definitely gets challenging.

Cold resist + AOE damage with leech is a must for the add phase of Lagon.

For Liath, I was ranged with totems and a spriggan, so I’d basically sick those on her and expect a cast every few seconds I had to dodge. I’d usually clean up adds too to stop from being overwhelmed. Liath requires attention to timing, and a lot of movement as she ports around. It took me a while to learn, but it was doable. I probably had 300-400 lightning protection & 700 HP. It’s a long fight. Be ready for lagon right after, because you have to do it again if you don’t finish lagon right after Liath, there’s no WPs around for either.

fights not hard pm me if you need help clearing the game.

I’m good, hence why I gave information on what worked for me. Maybe message Tambal instead.

ohh right mb hey @Tambal I will give you a free trail memebership to school of last epoch, courtesy of lizard !

^^^ heres a guide for the fight! :smiley:

I wish I could “unlike” this video.

I really don’t think this helps new players who are struggling with Liath with at level skills, at level items (low gold income, poor/ok quality items) and at level experience of the fight and the game in general.

Seriously, walking all over a boss in full uniques (some of which can only be obtained from monolith bosses) is not helpful to new players.

Ok, it shows how Liath teleports around the place during the fight.

And that is all it does.

1 Like

I have to test her with a melee char (when i’ll have time and energy to spend on my lower char), because so far with acolyte and mage i never have hard time against her

I’ve not seen the video (I’m, clearly at work), but I think it’s ok to produce a video showing the boss mechanics and how to handle them with end-game level gear (Dulfy is awesome) as long as it clearly shows the mechanics and talks about how a player would deal with them on level (because that’s the intended audience).

Unfortunately with all the new bosses (and those big fat mobs) they took the decision to chase POE style oneshots coreographies that you have to dodge at all costs regardless of how much tanked you are. That is part of what drove me off that game.

Call me radical but I would have loved a simple old school tank’n’spank or shoot’n’scoot.

It is not too late however, i think it would be enough to tune the numbers so they don’t hit for a gazilion hp and allow for some tank to be worth it

https://clips.twitch.tv/CovertScrumptiousDuckBCWarrior heres another example of how easy the fight is, from another user since you could not get the tone of parody from the UNARMED BTW liath fight. This one even goes down faster!
SSF BTW

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.