API for community projects

Hello everyone!
I played a few hours of last epoch and I realy like the basic idea and concepts of the game. However, I work as a Sofware Engineer in a bigger consulting company. My goal was always to use my professional skills for my passion (gaming) as well.

Coming back to LastEpoch I see quite a lot of possible usecases for different kind of applications (companion app, optimizing gear, damage meter etc). Leading to the following questions:

*How does the community feels about that?
*Are there any (in-)official plans or decisions?

I hope for a constructive discussion and eager to hear your opinion :slight_smile:

Kind Regards
Overhead

1 Like

Well since the game is still very much in beta, I suggest you donā€™t do too much about these things. They are certainly interesting topics, but the game changes a lot, and it is going to change a lot more leading up to release next year. Having the basics for these tools could be cool though. Just be prepared to rework a lot stuff each patch :stuck_out_tongue:

What would a companion app be?
Optimizing gear in terms ofā€¦? Would it be like gear planner?
We donā€™t have much official knowledge about base damage values, so youā€™re probably gonna have to datamine the game files to make damage meters or a build planner.
Damage meter, as in an MMO style thing? It would be cool to see DPS for certain skills, in action. But Idk how that could be done.

• I mean working on things for the community, while the devs work on the game, is always welcome and Iā€™m sure you could get help from people. Including me.
  • The devs actually want an in-game build planner, where you can share builds and ideas with your friends from your account. But it would be dope to have such a tool, until it is introduced in the game. I do believe some people from the community are planning/building already, such a tool. But Idk how far in the processes they are. You could go ask in the Discord server :slight_smile:
    I myself have made quite a few spreadsheets for the various mechanics in the game, so I can be helpful with info and calculations.
1 Like

Did you have any specific plans to make stuff?

I dont have any specific plans yet. I just wanted to know if the devā€™s have any plans on supporting those kind of projects with an official API. Second part would be if its even accepted by the devā€™s to the players to use those kind of ā€œproducts/toolsā€.

Last part would have been to identify possible use-cases by ideas of the community.

Of course there is still a lot in fluctuation and I am aware of it that the game will change heavily among the beta till itā€™s releases. As already mentioned, it was more kind of a brainstorming (mainly for me) to see how i can start with my ideas :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cool cool. I donā€™t think they will work on any official API before the game is released, but Iā€™m not sure. Right now we can just ask for knowledge about game mechanics, and go from there. Thereā€™s already a lot on the Wiki, but it needs some updating, to include the latest stuff.

Iā€™ll try and be as helpful as possible if you take your ideas further. :slight_smile:

I would completely support this, and make alot of gitlab contribs to those projects aswell :smiley:

Will keep an eye on this post to see how it advances ^^

1 Like

Iā€™m down to support with lots of knowledge, calculations and data :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.