An Update on Our Road to 1.0

I figured this was the case with everything going on this year. I pop on every once in a while and test things out. The game has come so far and I don’t mind waiting a little longer for the official release as you guys work on fleshing out the remaining systems, like multiplayer and PVP, and continue to polish what is already in game. I look forward to trying out new patches and seeing the game grow before release. I feel like Last Epoch will be my favorite ARPG ever… possibly even surpassing Diablo 2.

Loving the new controller update fyi, just needs a little more love with targetting options.

P.S. The 35 dollar price for the game is more than fair, just don’t go overboard on MTX prices like PoE’s. As long as they’re priced fairly, people shouldn’t have a problem with the price increase of the base game.

3 Likes

I don’t think delaying the launch date is a big surprise to anyone who has played the game in it’s current form. There’s definitely still a way to go before it can be considered “1.0”.

As for the price change, although it won’t affect me since I’ve already bought the game I worry that this will turn a lot of possible players away. Unless a lot changes before the 1.0 release I think it might be a struggle to sell this game for the same price as games like Diablo who have 10 years + in this market and a development team multitudes bigger than EHG. I’ve heard from a lot of people that they’ll try LE simply because of the £15 price tag.

I really hope a lot of things are pulled together and polished, I would happily pay £30 over again but we’ll need to wait and see if others can be convinced the same.

1 Like

All the best, dudes!
I am observing from a distance :slight_smile:

Thank you for getting in touch with us!

I wrote the same when the initial release was delayed, it is the correct decision.

Regards from Spain.

1 Like

I love the LE community. Elden Ring doesn’t show at Gamescon, which was only first announced last year, and people explode. Meanwhile people have been paying money for LE since 2017 and everyone is ok with a delay. I too say take as much time as you need. The game is fun as is, anything else is bonus.

3 Likes

No surprise here, pretty sure many of us expected this given the current rate of development. We’ll be here waiting.

1 Like

Keep up the good work guys! This game has a lot of replayability, even in its current state. I look forward to seeing you check off more of the Phase 3 and 4 roadmap as time goes on.

1 Like

Good to hear. Remember in all forms of entertainment the first impression is the most important and word of mouth works wonders for marketing especially as an indie studio.

Also a great decision on how to handle multiplayer testing and implementation as well. This sounds like a great way to get mileage out of those of us lucky to tool around with it while keeping your overhead costs low. Given a lot of games that have come out in the last few years have been limping along after disastrous launches (I won’t name the fallout of all 76 of 'em nor the mayhem they may be claiming to be lords of) having a tight multiplayer experience with solid connection, functionality, and a nice chunk of content is paramount in gaining the communities goodwill and will keep them around for the long haul.

The ARPG marketplace is ripe for the picking right now with other players on the block delaying their next installments for several years down the line, and existing properties waning in interest and outright being mismanaged. Eager to see what’s in store moving forward and I have a crew eagerly awaiting multiplayer to get their bloodlust on in glorious cooperation.

2 Likes

I think this is a great move and while it is sad that we won’t see 1.0 this year, I think the game has so much content that it beats most other fully released games.

That being said… Lemme get that Rogue class! :heart:

1 Like

Understandable. Take all the time needed to release a great game and without telling dates, so you can work with less pressure. Thanks for the update.

1 Like

It’s ready when it’s ready.
It’s a shame it won’t be this year, but I understand and think it’s the right choice.

1 Like

I am at peace with the decisions you guys have made and I think they were the right decisions.

Take your time with the game, guys, and make the game you want to make :heart:

1 Like

It’s alright EHG, take your time, both the current content and release speed (regular updates) are definitely fine, so no worries. This is also the key point of difference between Last Epoch and some of its concurrents (amount of content available and/or released during EA/Beta), which is more then enough reason to trust.
Good luck and good work !

2 Likes

Would prefer you take the time to get it how you want :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

better delayed and delivered in an awesome state, rather than rushed and in a broken state with broken trust from the people that invested on this game.

so take your time and keep focus on make it as good as possible instead of rushing to an arbitary deadline. I and others, we will wait and keep supporting this game during the development for as long it takes.

1 Like

I appreciate the openness with the community when making these tough decisions. I think most people believed the game would see a delay and hopefully the added development time will allow EHG to reach their expanded vision for the game.

1 Like

great decision, relax, take it easy :grinning:

1 Like

Keep up the good work! You deserve all our support. Thank you.

1 Like

This is so key. Thank you. Thanks to all of you for the hard work you’ve put into the game so far and thanks for knowing and understanding a good game takes time, effort and the attention to detail that comes with moving towards a vision.

Cannot wait to see how the game grows.

1 Like

Totally support this approach. Keep up the good work. Really appreciate the ongoing communication with the player base.

1 Like