An Update on Our Road to 1.0

Just in case if it’s interesting to see how such tools work on Grim Dawn:

hello been following this game since alpha - just wanting to know if theres been any kind of update on multiplayer support for last epoch yet? thanks guys and i cant wait. rogue trailer looks dope as F .

Nope, though they’ve said that they’ll get us an update this year (probably after they push the Rogue out).

Here’s the latest post from Sarno on this topic

I will say the improvements in the early areas was really significant in the last update. I hope they take their time and really make it polished and beautiful. Core gameplay seems good though I wish it wasn’t corridor based but more open world even if it was still mapped. Corridors get boring. Sacred was awesome in this way

cough

As much as I really want open world, I don’t see it happening this side of launch (or 2.0).

that all sounds very good. this is how the communication between developer and community should be.
please take the time you need to finish the game.
and please consider when it comes to the release to use 3-5 more servers than intended. remember the debacle of another ARPG release. players never forget. take the time.
“it’s done, when it’s done”

Any plans to start selling the game in GOG.com?

Release it once its ready… The old Blizzard way.

Last Epoch is an upcoming hack and slash action role-playing game which is in early access and developed by America based international studio Eleventh Hour Games.

In April 2018, a free playable demo was released as part of Last Epoch’s Kickstarter drive.

In April 2019, the game’s beta was made available via Steam Early Access.

In December 2019, the title’s full release, originally planned for April 2020, was rescheduled to the fourth quarter of 2020.

In December 2020, EHG announced that Last Epoch’s release was delayed until 2021, but has since been delayed indefinitely.

Come on guys, it has been almost 6 years since you first came asking for money. At least tell us the roadmap is a SWAG. Starting to feel like a bait and switch.

Resurrect Thread: Check.
Nothing constructive to add: Check
Has 1 Post in Total on the Forum: Check
Joined Forum in 2020 but is complaining about something six years ago: Check

IDENTIFIED

Summary

6 Likes

Lol. Now thats a classy response to a necro post.

Far too much effort for me. :crazy_face:

1 Like

necro? Necro!? NECRO!!??
Oh, that sort of necro, nevermind

2 Likes

That troll is actually kind of cute

1 Like

You forgot misinformation: Kickstarter was less than 5 years ago!

1 Like

Why is pointing to the initial kickstarter campaign “misinformation”? Is everything written there not true anymore? How come?

Oh wait, I get it:

Everything that (accidentally) still is true is… true.

Everything that changed since then never was true, not even before it changed. It’s all just in our heads.

The thing is that with this argumentation it’s really obvious, that we will get completely free trade at 1.0. Because:

• EHG said (in their kickstarter campaign) they wanted to implement restricted trade that doesn’t overshadow loot. But since nobody should care about advertisement or game descriptions or roadmaps of kickstarter or early access games, it’s ok to pretend the part with “trading” and “player economy” just isn’t there and never existed. Not overshadowing loot >> everything else - for now.

• But also the “not overshadowing loot” part is part of the kickstarter advertisement and… is equally not true.

So my guess is that EHG will come up with a completely open AH with real money trade as well (like D3 had at start). And when you guys then point out “But you said you don’t want to have free trade and open economy…” EHG can say:

"Shut up, noobs! Don’t you know that everything we say and do is subject to change? Kickstarter? Common! Its five years old! Nobody can expect us to still follow the design concepts we created that long ago! New concept is free trade. Everybody does this now.

And also be excited about our new cash shop with our “pay to win” items and perks! Yeah, we know, we initially said there won’t be p2w. But honestly guys? You all read the terms of service when entering EA. SUBJECT TO CHANGE is the key phrase. So go and cry somewhere else."

And when you then come along with “heres a link where you literally stated that you won’t do p2w” I’ll just say “Oh, that’s misinformation. Be gone, troll!”

That would be ok I guess.

1 Like

I think what he meant was that other person said that the kickstarter was 6 years ago when it wasn’t, not that the kickstarter was misinformation (though some have said that).

1 Like

Don’t stop him. He’s on a roll.

1 Like

Fear not. I’m only posting this much recently because I have a lot of free time due to holidays. A few days in the future this isn’t the case anymore.

Then I’ll leave the forums to you guys, again so you can continue to gang bang on new members.

Well, that’s a loss for all of us. I think you have great insight into a lot of areas of the game (not all, but a lot). But if you feel it’s for the best then I wish you well and good health.

1 Like