An Early Look at Graphical Improvements Coming in Patch 0.7.7

I really can’t wait for the next patch!

If possible, can you guys do something with General Map ? (Tab View). It will be nice to see entire map when pressing TAB Key, not just some huge delimitations without knowing where in map you are. Thanks, I hope you got the ideea :slight_smile:

4 Likes

looks good and easy on the eyes a double plus! keep up good work

1 Like

Awesome! Cant wait for release!

Very nice guys, looking forward to it!

cant wait for tomorrow!

I liked how it looked before but it looks so much better now. ;D

1 Like

Some of the changes look great but I’m concerned if you are going to make all the areas look grim and dark. It’s one of the things I dislike about Grim Dawn that after a while the game just looks far too dark and depressing. I actually look forward to the bright, sunny and green areas.

5 Likes

Something must be wrong with my eyes but I can’t see that big ofa differnce outside of the obvious chages made there. If I take a look at the first befor and after image I even think the before image looks better.
Outside of this… if the performence will be better even on older hardware setup I’ll be happy anyway because the after images aren’t ugly at all ^^.

1 Like

These look Awesome though! Can’t wait to see it in game! Keep up the awesome work!
This has quickly become by far my favorite game!

Looks awesome. I hope the perfomance improves for those of us who were suffering from severe FPS drops. Keep up the good work!

niceuuuu

@Sarno any ideea if you’ll release this before 13of march, at least a few days before? :smiley: you know for obvious reasons :smiley:

Looks good, can’t wait for extra details on next patch

2 Likes

Good !

Yeah, this is how I feel. I didn’t really see a problem before to be honest.

The bottom three images I would argue looked better before as they now look far too brown/orange. I think this needs a play-through and give some feedback if it goes too far from “Idyllic” towards “Grim”.

3 Likes

Looks great, looking forward to all the updates in 0.7.7.

I’m fine with the new graphics change, I actually prefer
arpgs to look grim, and diablo ish.

Thanks team, looks good. Looking forward to the performance improvements most. I think the last couple of after images are may be a bit too dark though, hiding a lot of the nice detail. I think darker usually looks better because it forces your brain to fill in the blanks, but when you already have the detail there, it can detract from the environment and feel less beautiful/immersive (as it’s the little details that make things feel more real). Unless, of course, this improves performance. In which case, I think it’s a great change.

2 Likes

Does the performance improvement include the desert zones? That’s currently the part of the game I always quit at because once I get there the performance just tanks.

This is unlikely to release that early, the devs have hinted later in March. We normally get the Patch Preview 1-2 weeks beforehand so I’m going to guess 3rd-4th week of March