Alpha begins August 21st!

I am so excited for the alpha release! I cannot wait to play it.

Thanks to the devs for their work and dedication. I have a lot of faith in the game!

I’m pumped. I disappeared since I got my fix in the early build and just waiting for new stuff and classes. I picked a good week to take vacation from work. I will definitely be coming back and checking out all the new stuff that has been added. I didn’t see anything on classes or anything released but excited to tackle new areas and try out the new trees.

2 More Days!

Only one more day :slight_smile: Is there a specific time as to when Alpha starts and the Supporter packs become available?

I tried asking the same question :slight_smile: but have yet received an answer. I guess we’ll know soon enough :wink:

I’m SUPER excited for the alpha! :smiley: Can’t wait to try out the new class mastery system and campaign areas. Yessssss.

Gonna be a long day at work today. So looking forward to diving in tonight.

Tfw you’re gonna be home late and got work tmrw. Maybe gonna be a short night ;D

August 21st is here and no download link for the alpha. why am I not surprised.

Probably because 21 Aug isn’t over yet :wink:

Seriously? A complaint on the MORNING of release day??? Good grief.

Isn’t the team located in Texas? I think it’s 06:30 am in Texas, so there is still some time left :wink:

Characters will now typically persist across game versions (there will be exceptions.

What does this mean?

[quote quote=9660]Characters will now typically persist across game versions (there will be exceptions.
What does this mean?[/quote]

I believe before every version of the game they put out was separate, thus characters from one version didn’t work in other versions. Now there will just be the one version of the game, and characters will always persist unless they have a need to wipe them.

[quote quote=9660]Characters will now typically persist across game versions (there will be exceptions.
What does this mean?[/quote]

I would take it to mean that for the majority of it, characters will be unaffected when new versions are released, but that there will be occasional changes that are severe enough that they would cause significant impact on characters, so the characters would be basically unplayable, and as such, be wiped.

[quote quote=9657]

August 21st is here and no download link for the alpha. why am I not surprised.

Seriously? A complaint on the MORNING of release day??? Good grief.[/quote]

I wanted to write something along those lines, although put a bit more politely. :smiley:
Have fun when Alpha lands.

There is a new “Launcher” when I go into my profile page for Windows, Mac and Linux, the links don’t work at the moment but I assume when they announce Alpha Online those links will work. Patience everyone. I for one am thrilled with the progress and responsiveness of the Developers thus far and can not wait to test/play some more with the newest client.

Do we have a specific release time? I may have missed it in the forums.

Cant Wait!!

Will the Downloadlink in the Profile like the Pre Alpha Link?