Alpha 0.6 Patch Notes

We’ve released a small patch to fix some minor issues. Seeing the community response has been great, keep the feedback coming!

Balancing

• Reduced the damage of primalist’s bear, sabretooth, and wolf, especially the wolf
  • Increased the power of some enemies at the end of chapter 2 and in chapter 3

Performance

• Enemies no longer wander when particularly distant. This should improve performance in open areas where enemies to the side of your path are likely to spawn and remain unkilled

UI

• Updated Arena UI elements as they were overlooked

Bug Fixes

• Fixed a bug where the xp bar did not display for people who had set their xp bar to high contrast in previous patches
  • Fixed a navigation issue in The Surface
  • Blocked a non-functional door in Imperial Welryn that would trap the player
  • Fixed some minimap issues in Imperial Welryn
  • Fixed a bug where the Shiver Armour node on the Snap Freeze tree gave twice as much armour as intended, but no cold protection
  • Fixed a Beastmaster passive node unlocking at the wrong level
  • Added a safeguard to prevent Artem’s quest from being uncompletable
2 Likes

OMG!!
Thank you for your hard work :wink:

1 Like

Awesome. Way more than I thought there was going to be.
And I’m said to see that wolves damage was reduced but I will admit it was definitely completely overpowered haha. But damn there goes my op build plans:P

2 Likes

One thing I appreciated in this patch, which I noticed and I hope continues to occur whenever there is an update that reworks items, is that their isn’t a legacy version of the updated items.

For example I have a dislike of how balance changes occur in POE. If something is overpowered and they remove that overpowered instance, those who had accessed the content previously get away with having exclusively rare items and effectively have an unmatched advantage over others that come later to access that content but can’t obtain the same results. This also devalues the sense of worth of newer iterations of those items that no longer have the potential that the originals had.

1 Like

Awesome sauce, thank you!

1 Like

Thanks for the great update!

One suggestion I have is if it is possible to make the launcher DPI aware. I am on Linux and have a 4K screen with 2x scaling, but the launcher is still scaled at 1x and not 2x, and therefore pretty small.

I hope this can be adjusted in a future update so it isn’t as small!

1 Like

You must not have a Legacy Kaom’s then eh? ;p

Great looking patch, today was the day to pick up the game it seems :smiley:

For example, if I have two rings with the set affix “+2 mana per item equipped with this affix”, I will have +4 mana total.

This seems a little ambiguous to me, is it +4 mana per item for 8 total mana, or does each item only grant 2 mana each?

A possible future feature request would be a good way to see what the effective dps of your minions is.

1 Like

This is great guys! Thanks for this update, looks and feels great so far.

Passed this on, thanks!

You’ll get a total of 8 Mana.

Each item grants +2 per eligible item equipped, so that’s +4 / item.

2 Likes

Exactly. It makes an otherwise perfect Kaom’s with a corruption a piece of crap in comparison. Although that is fairly boring item outside of the huge flat life bonus, :pensive:

I also agree that the language for the set life and mana affixes is a little ambiguous.

Either way I would think you would want to allow different affixes of sets to grant the bonuses for having a set of “affix types” in your gear rather than needing to have matching set affixes.

For example, if I have two rings, ring one with the set affix “+2 mana per item equipped with this affix type A” and the ring two with the set affixes “+1 Life per item equipped with this affix type A” and “+1 mana per item equipped with this affix type B." I will have +5 Mana and +2 Life total from this combination of gear (+2 Mana from ring one with an additional +2 Mana bonus coming from ring two for sharing set affix type A, plus the +1 Mana from affix type B; and +1 Life from ring two with an additional +1 Life bonus coming from ring one for sharing set affix type A.)

If you’ve any specific ideas on alternative phrasing, we’d love to hear about them. :slight_smile:

These are all great additions, my only critique would be in future patches link a picture to the item or skill you are talking about, unless I’m on the dev team (spoilers i’m not) or played 1k hours I have no clue what particular thing I’m reading about unless I was in game side by side reading it. I don’t mean everything needs a picture, just things like picture of the bone golem with +this +that would suffice, so I can see what the skill is in game without being there and see what changed from default skill description. Other than that good work.

Thanks for the feedback!

What do you think of us linking to wiki articles (where there is one, of course) ?

1 Like

I don’t mind that, I mean if possible just a hove over picture that shows the skill and a description would do the charm. Basically any form of picture works, its just hard to follow all the changes especially a lengthy patch if I have to pull out a dictionary to follow what’s going on lol.

That’s a good idea, especially as skills and items are filled out, it’s hard to remember what each little thing is, and having some kind of reference for what exactly is being modified would be great.

1 Like

I ****ing love you guys, keep up the good work!!! Doing God’s work up in here. <3

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Play button non-functional (Linux-exclusive?)

great patch for the new year ; thx

1 Like

Haven’t had much time to check it out, but what I did already see was good.
Great work!

1 Like

Nice to know, that there is still so much more coming in the future! Excited!

2 Likes