Alpha 0.6.1 Patch Notes

I’ve noticed one issue right away on Linux, there seem to be white distorted patches on the levels.

I really love the new Acolyte model ^^
But shop is always empty…it’s a bug?

I managed to download about 150 MB in about 2-3 hours, may I ask how long it took for you all who already downloaded it? It’s stalling most of the time for me. It’s downloading @100 KB/sec for a couple of seconds, then it only says stalled for a couple of seconds and so on. Have 40 Mbit/s line (in Germany), so I don’t know what’s going on. Sarno mentioned it will speed up later on, but I don’t think it will finish before the weekend is over at this rate.

For some reason the server that is closest to germany gets really bad speeds for people in germany. There is another server in europe that provides great speeds to germany but because it’s further away, the system defaults to the slow one.

We are working to make this no longer an issue by getting it to select which server is used based on a quick speed test to find the best one for you.

You can double check to make sure that this is what is happening to you by running a benchmark here: http://benchmark.patchkit.net/

Only 20% done so far, and my result. Pretty sure I saw one that was so slow that it said to me it was offline in the test, ran another test and it didn’t show up anymore, canceled and resumed, but didn’t do anything. Well, was not supposed to be happening today apparently.

I haven’t seen many of the benchmark tests where both the europe servers were fast but you’re still getting slow speeds in europe.

Are you using any sort of VPN?

No I don’t. I tested all my devices, was downloading patches in Steam at my max download speed while LE was running. I don’t get it either. Didn’t have this problem before with your patches and downloads. One of those servers as I mentioned earlier was coming up as offline as I tested it while sometimes showing very low speeds before it changed to that. I’m on-call duty at the moment, but at home, shift ends at midnight, so another 2,5 hours, will restart my router after that.

Just to make sure - can you try specifically closing Steam, then restarting our Launcher?

I started Steam after I started downloading today (it’s not running all the time on my pc), but did what you asked and didn’t change anything. I seem to be the only one with the problem as it seems, a friend of mine also bought this, will ask him tomorrow if he has or had similar problems. Don’t want to bother you guys any further with it.

Much, much later: So i restarted my router and it didn’t do shit, it was just the same. So I re-downloaded the Windows launcher, created a new folder and started again, and now it’s downloading at 4,8 MB/sec. It’s 5,4 GB now, instead of the 3,9 GB before, so my guess is that the actual patching of my previous version was the problem? I was about to try it this afternoon, but just downloading the Last Epoch launcher (about 45 MB, not the .zip-file) was slow as hell, so I canceled it, cause I thought looks like the same problem (though it was not stalling). I should not have done that, because after my router reset I thought screw it, just start from scratch again, let the download of the Last Epoch launcher finish (took about 10 minutes) and as I am writing this, the game has finished downloading, unarchiving packages now. :slight_smile:
It’s saved on the same ssd drive, just in another folder on c root, and I was on the latest version before the patch hit.

I patched the game yesterday when this hit, and now there’s another 900mb patch, some new fixes?

I can’t patch,when i start the launcher it gives me “error patcher has to be started using the launcher” :frowning:

have a question once you touch the flower in the garden and enter the vortex nothing happens… is this supposed to happen?

I had a similar issue where I got stuck during the vortex animation, restart the game and you should spawn at the End of Time area. Only happened once to me.

yeah i did and it worked, just unusual that it got stuck like that must be a bug or something

Apologies for the inconvenience! We are in the process of fixing the affected zones.

Nice seeing you guys putting so much effort - just asked for upgrading my pack :smiley:

1 Like

I would like to know if we can remap the button layouts on the controller?

a, b, x, y, Lt, Rt, are better for using actions 1-4, m1, m2,

Lb, or Rb would feel better for potion, as they out of the way.
Lb for potion would save me from accidentally using a potion during battle.
D-pad Right, is already a great spot for portal. Why have that on Y also? Y could be used for an ability.
This is how I would like to remap the controller button layout for an example.
A: Use ability 1
B: Use abiliity 2
X: UI left click
Y: Use abiliity 5 /UI right click
LT: Use ability 3
RT: Use ability 4
LB: Use potion
RB: Opens controller radial menu

Thank you, Cheers.

Yes, you can remap buttons from in-game. Though do note that controller support is still pretty new, so things might not be perfect.

Where do materials go when i press that button in inventory? all disappear but only very few i can see in “crafting materials”
nvm, pressed F :smiley: long time^^