Allow continuing the Arena at the highest wave you reached on that character at the cost of multiple Arena keys

Just wanted to put this suggestion here because I don’t think there’s any way it would negatively affect the game;

I would like to be able to somehow start a new Arena run at the highest wave I reached previously on that character. Maybe it should only be possible if I died during that wave rather than chose to exit the Arena without dying? But right now, especially with the issues the game has due to being unfinished and not completely optimized yet, the feeling I get from starting at wave 1 after having died at like wave 150 isn’t a good or fun one. So I think having a second option when beginning the Arena to start at the highest wave I’ve reached before on that character, or maybe even just at the wave I reached on my last Arena run, at the cost of 5 or 10 Arena keys would be nice to have.

2 Likes

Having a checkpoint to your highest wave will turn arena into d3 Grift fishing. There are waves that are absolute joke and then there are waves that are a nightmare and waves that are inbetween

Farming up 5 Arena keys would take a lot of time. Accessing Grifts in D3 is much easier.

Not sure how the two would be similar. Plus D3 Grifts are much easier and less varied than the Arena waves.

Not quite sure how you farm keys but there is very efficient way of getting your keys and you get 30 of them an hour so that would be 6 free passes to wave 400+

1 Like

I think you are over exaggerating the consequences my suggestion would have on the game because of how often you personally get to the top of the ladder, but right now it’s very difficult for the majority to get very far in Arena unless they use a very powerful and unbalance build to get there. If it is easy to get 30 keys per hour then the cost of continuing where you left off in the Arena should cost a much higher number of keys to do. I’d also like to say it would in no way be “6 free passes to wave 400+”. You are making it seem like picking up where you left off means you can start at any wave you want. The difficulty of the Arena stays the same, and even though the waves are very different from each other my suggestion wouldn’t get anyone much further than they normally would be able to get anyways.

My suggestion and the intentions behind it is to make ladder climbing in LE as inclusive as possible, which it should be, without making it casual or easier in any way. And because my suggestion wouldn’t change the difficulty of the Arena, it would fulfill all of those things.

1 Like

So lets say i push wave 400 and i get rust lands with very nasty spawns, I would leave Arena and go again in hopes of a different map + monsters spawn. This here is literally d3 fishing and this would get me further. Let’s use my pushing build as an example, my run ends if i get bunch of crossbow archers or crash -> If i can avoid those said archers by leaving and entering again at said waves or couple before it then i can fish until i get a good wave.

As i’ve said it before, i don’t care if there is checkpoint to wave 150 but anything above that is a very bad idea.

What difference does it make if you die at wave 200 and you have to do it again to beat your personal record? As you said not everyone plays “op builds” so those people who don’t play the strongest build will never be on the top of it anyway.

Besides the devs stated they want high-end arena to be at around 300. Having checkpoints would push it way way further than 300

2 Likes

So make continuing at the highest wave you reached cost 100 keys? or a high enough amount of keys it wouldnt be “d3 fishing”.

And crashing due to bugs or issues related to the game not being finished is just another thing that is in favor of my suggestion.

Well lets say in theory that a cost of doing your highest wave was 100 keys this would benefit hardcore players and not the casuals at all and isn’t this change made especially for the casuals so they can skip xxx waves and try to get past their personal record?

As i said 150 checkpoint is fine at a simple cost of lets say 50k-100k gold. This would not affect the top of the ladder but would indeed help people who don’t have too much time to spend killing waves that are made of paper and hits like a wet noodle.

2 Likes

I never said it should be for “casuals”, just that my suggestion would be inclusive. And because my suggestion doesn’t change the difficulty of the Arena at all it’s still going to benefit the people who have the most game knowledge and skill playing the game the most.

And if my suggestion in this thread never happens, I would agree a 150 checkpoint would be better than nothing.

:slight_smile:

Oh, the fickle nature of damage in Arenas … one extreme to the other! haha.

I find my Spellblade doesn’t start to kick in until around wave 90+ when mobs take more than 1 hit to kill them and my ward generation settles in.

Starting each run at wave 1 is not too bad … certainly nowhere near as bad as resetting all monoliths back to zero which we no longer have.

@FriendlyGamerGuy Ignoring the barrels and vendor can make things a lot faster … Due to the lacklustre nature of drops, this can speed things up tremendously.

However, the feeling I get from doing the 1st 100 waves quicker by ignoring everything except killing things as fast as possible to get to the next wave … this is quite satisfying in itself. It can give you a good feel for the combat flow of your build, before the carnage. I have tried a few builds and by wave 80-100 in Arena I know it’s either going to work or it isn’t.

It’s like assessing a car based on it’s 0-60 time rather than it’s top speed.

I agree, flying through the first 100 waves because you improved your build should be a thing, which is why I feel my suggestion should be rather costly if it were implemented.

Fishing for easy arena layouts. Fishing for easier enemy spawn RNG.

You can do that just by running the Arena normally anyways

The difference is that you’re just running arenas normally instead of trying to eek out 1 or 5 extra waves to unlock the next checkpoint, and then repeating that to cheese your way into a higher score.

1 Like

If it costs 100 Arena keys to attempt that each time you’d spend more time farming the keys than progressing to the next highest wave of the Arena without being able to pick up where you left off would take you.

I’m not saying my suggestion is perfect, but I feel something like it would be nice to have. Even if it only lets you start at a fraction of your highest reached wave.

I’ve said before, it would be nice if you could unlock a new starting wave starting at 100, where you start 50 waves earlier. So at wave 100 you could start at wave 50, then when you get to wave 150 you could start at wave 100, etc.

2 Likes

yeah, i do like that idea. i do kinda wish people who disagree with suggestions (in general, not just mine) would offer alternative ones more often unless they don’t think there should be anything that even comes close to resembling the original suggestion. So your idea, or Foe’s 150 checkpoint idea would still be nice to have if anything like this gets put into the game.

Maybe a checkpoint every 100 waves would be nice, making it still challenging to open up the next 100 waves but not so easy to fish/farm for easy waves.

I’m not even sure it would need to cost keys, tbh.

Or even make it as simple as being able to start at 50 or 100 waves below your personal best.

3 Likes

any of those things would be good imo