Abyssal Echoes Sequel of Decay Node

I see no need for this node to half the 30% increased damage from Temporal Reaving. Even if you spam the skill with 5 repeats the damage is underwelming compared to other dot effects.
I have to use the skill 4 times then use Volatile Reversal and 4 more Abyssal Echoes just to get reasonable damage. I mean the skill already costs 50 mana to use.
And were only talking about 15% increased damage not more damage.

Ahh, I love seeing people underestimate this node when itā€™s quite possibly the best node on the Abyssal Echoes tree. If you get idols with ā€œmana efficiency for void spellsā€ and drop the mana cost into the 20s, you can stack enough abyssal echoes where that single node triples your damage as compared to without it.

Add in the Urzilā€™s Pride chest on an already armor-heavy sentinel and mana regen on your weapon, and itā€™s insane.

How am I underestimating the node, Im just asking whats the point of the 15% increased damage hit it gives you. And in 300+ hours I have found zero Idols that lower the cost of void skills mana (so its not like I can just plop those in)
I love the node and the skill just dont see the point in losing 15% increased damage (maybe if those idols were more easily available It wouldnā€™t bother me but at 50 mana per cast it definitely seems stupid)

So Temporal Reaving is ā€œenemies take 15% increased damageā€ per stack, which is a pseudo-more multiplier, as opposed to player deals 15% increased damage, which is different. Itā€™s better than increased. And the point of Sequel of Decay is that it stacks, so if you have low mana cost abyssal echoes and good regen, you can get at least 12-15 stacks every 4 seconds which = 150-200%+ increased damage taken, aka almost tripling your damage.

then the idols need to be more available as you level the character because losing 15% increased damage per stack when the skill cost 50 mana makes it damage garbage (and this is with 660% increased damage from gear and tree). 300+ hours without a single idol that lowers the cost of void skills to me means they are to rare to balance a skill around.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.