Reaper Form Specialization Tree Preview

The upcoming Patch 0.7.2 includes a specialization tree for Reaper Form!

While it may change slightly between now and the patch going live on Friday, we wanted to give you a preview of the nodes you can expect to see. Happy build planning!

Name
Max Points
Description
Stable Disturbance
While in Reaper Form your health decays 10% slower per allocated point.
Reaper’s Children
Your minions gain 30% increased damage and 10% increased movement speed per allocated point if you have hit them with Reap recently.
Reaper’s Mercy
When you hit a minion with Reap you heal them for the same amount that Reap would heal you.

Name
Max Points
Description
- - -
Phantom Restoration
Reap grants you 30% of the health you gain per allocated point as ward.
Reaper’s Blessing
Gain 40 ward per allocated point when you transform into Reaper Form.
Protective Spirit
Reaper’s Blessing also grants ward when you transform back to human form.
From The Grave
10% increased ward retention per allocated point while in Reaper Form.

Name
Max Points
Description
- - -
Cursed With Knowledge
You have +1 health per allocated point per intelligence while in Reaper Form.
Shadowy Concoction
While in Reaper Form you have 100% increased potion effectiveness.
Ethereal Defenses
While in Reaper Form, gain 10% ìncreased protections per allocated point if you have killed an enemy recently.

Name
Max Points
Description
- - -
Haunting
Reap has a 7% increased area of effect per allocated point.
Rapid Destruction
While in Reaper Form, you gain 10% increased attack and cast speed per allocated point.
Reaper’s Mark
Gain 1% increased spell damage every 5 seconds while transformed. Max 20% per allocated point.
Mark of Madness
Reaper’s Mark increases 1 second faster per allocated point.

Name
Max Points
Description
Deathtouch Scythe
Reap gains +5 necrotic damage per allocated point.
Infected Steel
Reap’s damage is converted to poison damage.
Venomous Coating
Reap has a 34% chance to poison enemies on hit.
Deadly Toxins
While in Reaper Form, you have a 34% chance to poison on hit.

Name
Max Points
Description
- - -
Sharpened Scythes
While in Reaper Form, you have 10% increased critical strike multiplier per allocated point.
Death Comes Quickly
Whenever you kill an enemy in Reaper Form, you have a 20% chance per allocated point to gain Swiftness.¹
Sweeping Scythes
Reap moves you 5% further per allocated point. This node has no effect if you have Death’s Call.
Soul Release
Whenever you kill an enemy with Reap, you have a 5% chance to cast Hungering Souls.
¹ Swiftness lasts 30 seconds and grants 1% increased movement speed and can stack up to 10 times.

Name
Max Points
Description
- - -
Soul For A Soul
While you are in Reaper Form, you have 10% reduced healing effectiveness and 20% increased damage per allocated point.
Reaper’s Curse
Whenever you kill an enemy in Reaper Form, lose 0.5% of your current health per allocated point. You have 20% increased critical strike chance per allocated point in Reaper Form.
Gravechill
Reap’s damage is converted to cold damage.
This node has no effect if you have Infected Steel.
Death’s Call
Cull enemies below 5% per allocated point while in Reaper Form.
Death’s Door
Reap deals 10% per allocated point for each 1% of health you are missing.
Dark Harvest
Reap culls enemies below 10% health per allocated point.

Name
Max Points
Description
- - -
Ghastly Flow
When you use Reap, if you are below 50% maximum health gain 2% increased movement speed per allocated point for 4 seconds.
Blood Tethers
Reap has +1% life leech per allocated point.
Soul Drinker
+10 health restored per allocated point when you kill an enemy with Reap.

7 Likes

We previously posted a preview of Shield Throw’s specialization tree.

Prefer one layout or the other? We’d love to hear your feedback!

2 Likes

I think Shield Throw’s layout was a little easier to understand when it came to what connects with what.

That said, this skill tree looks SICK

Looks like there’s lots of options, and I’m glad to finally have Acolyte get access to Cold Damage!

2 Likes

Thank you for the feedback!

The idea behind this design is that each table represents an individual branch on the tree, with it beginning at the root node and then moving further away from it. To be honest I’m not entirely happy with either design - while I share your belief that the previous one was perhaps more informative, I think it looked more cluttered and messy. It’s possible that the next time we do a specialization tree preview it’ll be something completely different again.

2 Likes

I agree - I dont really like either. Is it not possible to make the preview look like the actual tree in game?

Could you clarify what you had in mind?

a screenshot, i guess. maybe interactive screenshot

1 Like

I think that’s probably the goal for us. We just don’t quite have the bandwidth to develop that system yet.

Yea, like what @magaiti said. Something like this?

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/lCDLd

Would a YouTube video be a decent compromise?

It’s not hard for me to post a single monolithic image, but I don’t see a great way of making that pleasant for people on phones, and unfortunately it isn’t feasible for us to be working on multiple versions of social posts. Maybe one day if we’ve a dedicated CM…

3 Likes

Yea. YouTube could work. I’m just too used to the actual skill tree structure that my mind had difficulty parsing the pseudo-sequential table formats in the two previews you mentioned :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Either format + a youtube video, or even a screenshot of the tree with the names of the nodes on it should work perfectly

1 Like

I think the text version used here is pretty good but yeah a video would be cool too. Also here I thought you were a dedicated CM. What other stuff do you do if you don’t mind me asking?

how about this? is it free to use for game companies?
seems like a fine tool to sketch graphs, with tooltips, which can then be exported as pdf or html

1 Like

My concern with a single large image would be how well it would work for mobile users. I might do some quick mockups and test on my own phone to see if that fear is well founded.

I hadn’t thought of the combination, though - that’s a good idea!

At indie devs you generally have most people wearing multiple hats, as it were. :slight_smile:

At the moment I’m creating media assets for a social post. After that I’ll be QAing the friends functionality we’ve been working on. After that I’ll probably be sitting in on a design meeting while developing a utility to collect log files, crash dumps, and system information that I’ve been working on (it’s finished for Windows, though not yet working on Linux or macOS).

2 Likes

This layout looks much cleaner

The tree look fine and it would be great if there have a node that let you raise the dead on hit too !

I guess you’ll have to settle for
BoneHarvester.png75x150 Bone Harvester

This is on kill , i was talking about " on hit" , it could be super cool too ^^.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.