There’s been a new section recently added to the wiki: https://lastepoch.gamepedia.com/Builds:Builds . For those interested in adding their build to the wiki simply input the name of your build in the box on that page, hit create and fill in the details for your build.
Not interested yet? Check out the following reasons why you might be:
- The wiki is one of the most viewed Last Epoch resources
Let’s be honest, one of the main reasons any one spends time making a build guide is so that it can be seen by others.
Unsurprisingly, the official wiki draws in a large number of people interested in Last Epoch, often comparable to the number of average viewers on Twitch.
- There is a template available that will style everything for you
Trying to figure out how to format a build guide (especially with how extensive the trees are in Last Epoch) can be a real pain. The template requires a minimal amount of input from you, but gathers the rest of the information for your readers.
- You don’t have to use the template
Don’t like the way the template looks? (Tell me about it! Maybe I can fix something) Wikitext supports a variety of formatting that is capable of much more sophistication than a forum post.
- Information on the wiki will be automatically updated
One of the most annoying things about making a build is it suddenly becoming out of date when any of the passives/skills/equipment changes, especially in Last Epoch where this seems to happen every patch. As the wiki is updated with each patch it will also update the information on the build pages, saving you time and effort.
- More features will be added to the wiki, no additional effort will be required by you.
Right now the build template is in it’s most basic form, here are some things I have planned coming down the pipeline:
- Hovering tooltips
- Visual improvements to the layout
- Intuitive skill map visuals
- History section that automatically shows you what has changed in your build with each patch
- Automatically calculated character stats/damage per skill
- Intuitive build planner interface
When these are added to the wiki, they will be automatically added to your build without you having to make any additional efforts.
- Inline links to wiki articles help you and your readers learn more about your build
The wiki is the most extensive resource for in depth knowledge on the game, having your build directly on the wiki minimizes the time you spend looking up information about the stuff in your build.
- Doesn’t require you to log in
Don’t want to make yet another account on yet another site just to make a build? You don’t have to. While logging in makes it easier to track things, you can still edit freely without making a new account.
- Best format for letting other people work with you on a build
Interested in a collaborative build? Since the wiki can be edited by anyone, it makes this easy. Google Docs can only take you so far…
- Database storage allows you to easily keep track of many builds and compare them to other builds.
Have a lot of builds, tired of digging through youtube to try to find the one that you need to update? You can easily keep track of all of your builds in one spot, you could even set up a user page that lists all of your builds automatically (ask me how to do this).
- The wiki is infallible, if something is missing from the wiki it’s because it doesn’t actually exist yet.
okay… maybe this is just me having a slight bias.