0.7.8 Llama's (wave 280+) Forge Guard Void Shield Throw build that will kill your FPS as fast as it kills mobs

Very, very laggy. On a decent sized pack I can easily get down to single figure fps, with everything on low (I don’t think it’s a graphical issue but a quantity of calculations issue, since while the shield may have a cap on the amount of ricochets it has, it will happily criss-cross a pack passing through mobs on the way proccing Eruption & Future Strikes).

I’ll see what I can do vis-a-vis recording something. I’ve got a copy of fraps from 2008 I could install…

Edit: 2 of my children are younger than that & the eldest isn’t older than it by much…

Hi,

I made a video for this build for people who would like to see the gameplay.
I have a RTX 2080 TI, a Ryzen 9 12 core and even with that in 1080p and all in very low fps is droping too much as you will see. But you can have an idea of the build. I’m only level 72 in the video so I don’t have all the talent but I show all at the end.

Good viewing :grinning:

:slight_smile: Ta, I’m (slowly) uploading one as well. It’s uploading at about an hour per 30% so I’ll link it tomorrow morning.

ok. You will see in mine I show my stuff. So if you have some advice for improve it. It’s difficult to optimize I’m not very good at it. :joy:

Thanks for the video :slight_smile:
I have now a better understanding of what was talking about Llama when he mentioned the FPS issues ^^

My build can drop to maybe 20 FPS if i’m in the middle of a pack and that i start throwing some hammers, but rarely lower than that (except when my internet crash ofc :stuck_out_tongue: ). And i have a very old computer, 5 years old in fact, with a very bad internet connection. My build would run around 40 fps or more in the middle of a pack with a good computer and internet connection i think, which is a plus ^^
I would like to upload a video, but i have 0 idea how to do it

It seems that the damage dealt by the LLama build is very low tho :confused: My build does a lot more damage than that, but maybe it’s because i’m using 4 Annihilating idols, which when i’m casting devouring orb, all the damage incrase triple dip on Disintegrating Aura :heart:

I hope Llama video will reconcile me with the idea of using shield throw with smite procs :slight_smile:

Gratz for your childrens by the way LLama :smiley: Feels good to have it’s own family :smiley:

It didn’t upload for some reason (I blame my youngest)… So lets try uploading it again…

It should be here when it does upload (in ~4 hours or so).

As far as gearing is concerned, you want

• 100% glancing blow (the set glancing blow prefix is a lot more effective & will reduce the number of affix slots you need to hit 100%, you may also wish to use an idol or two to cap things off),
  • 100% crit chance avoidance (more important for higher arena waves & higher monoliths, you can probably ignore it if you’re not doing either of those)
  • as much throwing attack speed as you can get
  • as much protections & hp as you can get (protections are more important, you get hp as you level), with a preference for poison and necrotic since you won’t be getting much/any of those from your build/passives and poison damage can’t be blocked

The % increased damage for 4 seconds after casting Devouring Orb idol is now fixed and works!!! So I’ll need to try & fit that in somewhere.

A higher % chance to cast Smite on throwing attack will work wonders. I have 2x (6% & 9%) and the attack speed buff from Smite is up constantly, even on single target.

That set helm might be useful as your phys reduction will be in the low/mid 90s while in packs which gives you an effective 40% poison damage reduction, plus your fire protection will be somewhat higher than your necrotic. So as long as you can still hit the 100% glancing blow/crit strike avoidance, that’s a useful item in the slot.

I’d use a crafted chest rather than Urzil’s Pride, as you don’t need the mana regen.

Riverbend Grasp gloves seems nice, but the vast majority of my damage is coming from Future Strike, not Shield Throw, so you could get some other more useful affixes on that slot (such as throwing attack speed, set glancing blow, protections & crit strike avoidance).

On your Devouring Orb set up, I’ve done some maths & you’ll get ~10% more damage from going my route as Orb Master gives 30% cooldown reduction per point which gives you more Devouring Orbs (2.1s cooldown, rather than 4s, for a max of 6 DO compared to 4).

1 Like

Apparently the video was too long (~50 mins), so lets have another go with a shorter one…

And it’s finally uploaded…

3 Likes

Your FPS O_o
Poor computer, stop bullying it ! :stuck_out_tongue:

The DPS doesn’t look good for single target, how can you kill those pesky Marsh Beetle with your build ? Would take ages no ?

Yeah, it’s not great for single target. The Marsh Beetle queens (and Gorn, rare Ospyrix & Rime Golems) take a while & involve kiting, ideally into packs.

You’re brave :slight_smile:

Higher waves in the arena is all about managing (ie, kiting & avoiding) the big hits from the big mobs, kiting is better than dieing.

Well, my playstyle involves facetanking, feels a lot better than kiting in my opinion :stuck_out_tongue:
When all the mobs are on you and that 5 rares Mars Beetles are attacking you at the same time and you stand your ground, taking 0 damage, meanwhile they all get destroyed by void hammers… Feels pretty good tbh :smiley:

I find it better for me to put in exclusive full screen and put shadow and all that crap on low, so far my fps with this build is around 60, here and there it falls down to 25/30… try it and post results. Awesome build btw!

Yeah, groups are easy to face tank, it’s just certain champions that either do very big hits or put down DoTs (like the beetle queens & the Oasian Gorn) that you need to kite.

I’ve tried with high gfx settings & low gfx settings & I still get very low fps on large groups, I don’t think it’s a graphical issue, but a calculation issue where there’s just so many calcs being performed that it causes lag.

1 Like

Hey what do you think about 3 set items for this build:

Yeah, they all look good, assuming you can get your Glancing Blow & Crit Avoidance up to 100% & a good amount of block.

1 Like

Any update for 0.7.8?