[0.7.10] [Boardman21] MoF Speed Running Shaman (Written Version)

Please note; I did not create this build. This is simply a small written guide that is useful for having open on a spare monitor in order to copy the build exactly. Please direct any questions related to the build towards the original creator (link found in the credits section).

Passives

Primalist
Druid
Shaman

Skills

Avalanche
Fury Leap
Ice Thorns
Summon Storm Totem
Tornado

Idols

Mix and match “Damage leeched as health” and “Chance to cast an Avalanache” depending on your survivability. More Avalanche idols for more damage, more leech idols for more survivability.

Gear

Below is a Tunklab Gearplanner link that has been put together from the gear shown in the original build creators video. This gear may not be min-maxed correctly but should give you a basic idea on how to get started.

Gearplanner Link

Video

Credits

• @boardman21 is the original creator of this build, all credit for skill choices, gear choices etc go to them. You can find their original forum post for this build HERE
  • Myself. I took the time to collect screenshots, create the gear link and put this post together from the above video. I have the permission of the original video creator to make this post. If you would like me to do the same for your videos, please reach out to me on the forum :slight_smile:
8 Likes

Yay, someone’s doing Boardman’s builds on the forum. :slight_smile: You get points for that, Boardman doesn’t.

:smiley: I’ve reached out to a couple of the YouTube folks who do build guides expressing interest in doing the same, Boardman green lighted me about half an hour ago but I had already started preemptively haha. I much prefer the written types of guides so I can just follow along brainlessly.

5 Likes

I fully agree, which is why mine are written.

2 Likes

But, but … the views, the fame, the :moneybag:

I must contribute at least 50 views to the videos just by writing one of these :D. You have a point though, I don’t want to take away from the videos at all which is why this is just the bare minimum and if you want to learn how the build works then you have to still watch the video.

Edit: On this thought, in the instances were the videos don’t include loot filters can I link towards your loot filter as a starting point?

I don’t mind. not sure if my loot filter is very valuable for specific builds. It is very generic.

But if you personally think it’s worth mentioning i appreciate every promotion of course.

1 Like

In it’s current state I think a Loot Filter is necessary to just play the game, yours is a really good starting point if you have nothing else :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m such a grognard. I haven’t even touched the loot filter yet. :flushed:

BUT, I LOVE your write up of builds! NICE!

1 Like

Simple and clean! I like it.

Found small typo under Skills, Summon Storm Totem is spelled Summon Thorn Totem :wink:

2 Likes

Well spotted! Will fix :smiley:

Anyone knows if this is build can get me to end game Echos?
I never made it past lvl80 Quest Echo…

For a rookie would you suggest this build or a the Full Lightning Shaman from Boardman21 ?

Thanks!

Never tried a Shaman build but all of Boardmans builds that I have tried can easily clear all empowered Mof 100+ levels… Sometimes, his builds can be very specific tho… i.e. a particular playstyle or item (rare idols/affixes) which can make them a little hard to replicate exactly or require quite a bit of practise to push higher levels. He usually warns if a build is lacking in something or designed for specific content…

Oh and some of his builds seriously kill framerate… (lightning shaman without a doubt)… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

oh, and welcome to the forums!

Tyvm for the advice.
I always blame framerate when i die :smile:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.